• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

3L swap moving forward

CollinsPC

Veteran CEG'er
Well I sold the Ram last night, need to jump into the swap with both feet and get the Tour on the road. Looks like some long nights in store for me.

Started removal of the DOA 2.5 last night. Have it to the point should be out tomorrow early. One of the bolts for the radiator rounded off and I had to grind it off to drop the Rad. Car cruise tonight so no work on the tour.

Very cool. good luck and ask plenty of questions if you get stuck. - JOE

but it does make it easier to pull the AC pump. I'd pull it and yeah those bolts are a PITA

hey beans finish the 3L yet?
I figured it would give me some room to pull the fans and the rad. Got all set to work on it today and the sewer backed up in the house:nonono:

I have been putting an hour or so in on the car the last couple of days. I am hoping to pull the engine and trans tonight or tomorrow. only things left (I think :eek:) are the roll restrictors and the drive axles.

Well the old 2.5 is out and I have started to scavenge the parts from it. The 3.0 is on the stand waiting. I cut the tab and flipped the wheel to the 2.5 position. Need to figure out if I am going to keep the COP or nor and how I am going to do the fuel rail.

don't attach, img code the pics:
attachment.php

Back