• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Who's a good tuner?

dukeofsho

Veteran CEG'er
Who's a good tuner in our area? I would really like some one who has experiance with our cars. I might go with the guys at Straightline Performance but they mostly do LS based stuff.

Bob Kurgan has a really really good reputation on chicagosvt.com. Has done lots of mustangs and some foci. I believe he uses SCT stuff too. I believe he will come to a dyno of your choice.

Thats who I would/will go to when/if I put my car through another round of tuning.

bob at kurganmotorsports . com

definitely recommend Logans. he's done quite a few of the cougars from IL/IN/WI and I haven't heard a single complaint on any of their tunes. He's also done some work on my car.

Cool maybe I can setup a dyno day at Straightline and have him come over to tune our cars. Damn, that means I have to hook up my NOS kit, I just bought lowering spring...AHHHHHHH when will it end? I'm obsessed with this thing...I need a cure!

AHHHHHHH when will it end? I'm obsessed with this thing...I need a cure!

180px-Molotov_cocktail_flam.jpg

It's the only way to end the madness.

Cool maybe I can setup a dyno day at Straightline and have him come over to tune our cars. Damn, that means I have to hook up my NOS kit, I just bought lowering spring...AHHHHHHH when will it end? I'm obsessed with this thing...I need a cure!

You still thinking about setting this up Matt? I'm leaning towards a dyno tune now and I'm thinking we should do this as a group at your place or at loganmotorsports.

I still need a tune, svt injectors, svt lim, svt fuel rail, injector harness spliced, etc..... :eek:.

Sure, I can handle the dyno shop as far as a "Dyno Day". I need at least 6 to commit with deposits. I think he said 200.00 to dyno/tune with a dyno day, Or we can rent the dyno for 90.00 per hour. I can find out more. I'll just have a standard tune for now. I don't have the $$$ for a tuner right now.

I thought-from what Matt said earlier- that he was looking to see if your guy would come to the dyno, straightline I think. :confused: Do you think he would?

I thought-from what Matt said earlier- that he was looking to see if your guy would come to the dyno, straightline I think. :confused: Do you think he would?

Yup, thats what I'm looking for. The guys at straightline can tune but they have yet to tune CSVT with a 3l. I'd rather have someone who knows CSVT. We dont even have to use straightline.

if you want a guy that can tune 3Ls on the CDW27, you want to be contacting loganmotorsports. He's got plenty of them under his belt.

Yup, thats what I'm looking for. The guys at straightline can tune but they have yet to tune CSVT with a 3l. I'd rather have someone who knows CSVT. We dont even have to use straightline.

Okay, thats what I thought you meant. I am sure he would come out and do it.

For the record, I have NOT had my car tuned by him. He has done many many Mustangs, Lightnings, and some high HP Foci. Lots of reviews of his service can be found on chicagosvt.com

http://chicagosvt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48

When I got my quote from him he wanted an e-mail with the whole run-down of mods. If we can put together that info in this thread I would aggregate them into one e-mail to Bob and see about a group price. Thoughts on that?

Last I read on chicagosvt, he is pretty damn busy in the summers. So, plan to give him time to accomodate us.

EDIT: Kurgan Motorsports now has their own shop in Byron, IL with a Dyno. Not sure if that would limit Bob's traveling or not. I hope not, Byron is WAYYY the F out there.

if you want a guy that can tune 3Ls on the CDW27, you want to be contacting loganmotorsports. He's got plenty of them under his belt.

This is sounding like the ideal choice to me. I'll give them a call and find out what kinds of deals mihgt be available for a group of us.

idk y you wouldn't go w/ logan, never heard one bad thing said about them

Thats not what were saying. We're just tring to figure out details.

As far as a tune... I might just have the basic 3l with SVT uppers, K&N, removed 3rd cat.

I'd like to pick up a SCT tuner and load in a Econo tune, standard tune then a NOS tune.

OR just tune for NOS.

Back