• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Saleen S281

2kSVT

CEG'er
Hey guys, well as many of you know I sold my turbo CSVT awhile back. I sold the Blazer Extreme last Tues, and picked up my new toy on Thurs. It's a 2001 Saleen S281 #720. It's N/A for now ;). I would have loved to pick up a supercharged Saleen or a Cobra, but found this one for a great price. With the state of things right now, I didn't want to pull the trigger for $25k or more right now. It has 60,000 miles and I got it for $11,000. The interior is about an 8.5/9 and the motor is spotless! It has a small scuff on the rear bumper from a mall parking lot incident. I'm installing new Saleen decals on the windshield and rear bumper as they are not in perfect shape. I took it to a local cruise in on Friday and it got alot of attention. These are from the sale ad, I gave it a good cleaning, just don't have pics taken yet.
My 7 year old want to get personalized plates... GRT WHT

6.jpg

3.jpg

7.jpg

10.jpg

14.jpg

16.jpg

12.jpg

and to keep it Contour related...
100_3506.jpg

More to come.

Rod

Yeah, it pretty fun, but it could use some more power! It's never enough. It "sounds" faster than the turbo SVT. Are you ready for another install party?? ;) The kid that bought the SVT, broke anm axle and exploded the differential into 3 chunks with a 3k launch at the dragstrip. He had it re-tuned at 11# and made 300+whp. He has it back together, and said the track days are over. We'll see!

Rod

Yeah it was on Craigslist, and then on Autotrader. I have been corresponding with the seller for several weeks while I was trying to sell the Blazer. I had a guy drive down from Cleveland with a stack of cash for the Extreme. I went to drive this the next day, and took delivery of the Saleen on Thurs.

Rod

Man, i thought i would of saw something like that on craigslist! My friend has been looking for one for quite some time.

Yeah, there were (2) 2001's on there at the same time. The other one was white also with airride suspension and alot of mods= $$$.
This one is bone stock=blank canvas.

Rod

Beans, by suspension do you mean less wheel gap?? If so I agree. It handles great all the bushing are urethane from Saleen. I am going to schedule a window tint appointment tomorrow.

Rod

a bit off topic, but where abouts in dayton are you?

And you going to get the windows black tinted?

Beans, by suspension do you mean less wheel gap?? If so I agree. It handles great all the bushing are urethane from Saleen. I am going to schedule a window tint appointment tomorrow.

Rod
Yes, less wheel gap.

Beautiful car, love what Saleen did with the exterior trims on those, looks real mean.

Thanks, I love this body style, and the white is my favorite color. I think it look s mean as well. My son said it looks like a shark! It reminds me on the old Fox body Saleens , I fell in love with back in high school. Mywhip, I live in Pheasant Ridge off Kitridge Rd in Huber Heights area. The windows will probably get 20% to 35% tint. The SVT had 35%, but I think the darker would look good against the white.

Yeah, it pretty fun, but it could use some more power! It's never enough. It "sounds" faster than the turbo SVT. Are you ready for another install party?? ;) The kid that bought the SVT, broke anm axle and exploded the differential into 3 chunks with a 3k launch at the dragstrip. He had it re-tuned at 11# and made 300+whp. He has it back together, and said the track days are over. We'll see!

Rod

Haha for some reason I cant seem to get away from these contours, I just helped (didnt do a whole lot do to hangover) matt with a trans R&R this past weekend. :blackeye::laugh:

that thing looks great, i was thinking "white, aw man plain color on a cool car, what a waste"

then the pictures changed my mind, it really looks clean and mean. SUPACHAHGAAAA :laugh:

Back