• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Anyone know where to buy these intake pieces?

CSVT#49

Addicted CEG'er
So when I was putting my intake back together I noticed that both of these o-rings have cracks in them and the other snap in piece had a broken leg I guess you could call it. Anyway these go into the ports where the vacuum lines connect into the intake behind the throttle body. Can you even buy these anymore or am I SOL and it's time to go to the junk yard.

I'm pretty certain that I can find replacement o-rings at a hardware store. However it is an odd ball size as I have a complete metric o-ring assortment and it is not among them. The plastic piece looks like a dealer only if not junk yard part. Thoughts??

Side
sealside.jpg

sealtop.jpg

Bottom
sealbottom.jpg

go to a u-pull it junkyard. every once in a while, you can get them out in one piece. i had a whole collection of them when i was doing my 3L. cant seem to find what box of parts i put them in. probably threw them out :troutslap:

Kind of pricey at the dealer because they come with the brass insert that goes in the UIM. Once you get them you still have to patiently work them out. Might as well go to the JY and work them out. I want to say $19 for each from a dealer. Been a million years though.

go to a u-pull it junkyard. every once in a while, you can get them out in one piece. i had a whole collection of them when i was doing my 3L. cant seem to find what box of parts i put them in. probably threw them out :troutslap:
yeah, the jy is the way to go, the trick is getting them out in one piece, that plastic gets very brittle. I tried the dealer first and the parts guy was clueless as to what the part# was :crazy:.

I have about 10 of those plastic pieces, not the o-ring though. I grabbed extra one day. I could send you one. Let me know.

Hey PHilly I just ended up going to the yard because I needed to pick up a few odds and ends as well. I found a 99 Tour that everything came out of nicely. Thanks for the offer though!

Back