• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

twin turbo

Have you looked under your hood lately? There is hardly enough room for one turbo. Besides that, one turbo can give you enough power. Let me guess, some guy that knows nothing about our cars suggested this to you, right? :shrug:

This seems like a great Idea, I wonder why nobody has ever thought of this. :rolleyes:

(Sarcasm)

Have you ever seen a picture of a Turbo Contour?

sorry i should have looked more first.. im still new to this whole forums thing. and as far as the friend goes (he has a 00 zetec zx2) does all his stuff himself. hes actually the reason i got the contour.

ill learn to look more before i ask

Do alot of research. You also need a lifetime of trial and error. Then the money issue still arises. But just keep your mind on a single turbo. The single is more than enough for these cars.

Where is that fail picture with the cat :laugh:

All of the goods ones were blocked at work. Wonder if I'm getting fired for looking at pussy on the internet?

fail-cat.jpg

fail-cat%5B2%5D.jpg

I don't know got this link from one of the links above...

Twin Turbo Speed6

This doesn't look like FAIL to me :shrug:

This is sounding exactly like whatever one said about an AWD Contour, but alas that's now been done successfully too :help:

So I'd say stop all the BS. That CarDomain site shows that it has been done so blah. Give it up already people. If someone did it in a Speed6 it can be done in a Contour as well. Now that said I'm not entirely sure it would really be worth it other then bragging rights and the ability to put a Twin Turbo badge on the back of your Contour :crazy:

EDIT:
Heres the pics of the front and rear turbos...

frontturbo.png
rearturbo.jpg

frontturbooverview.jpg

That's just a Mazda 6 v6.. But still, not the same platform, they must have more room under there.

Maybe not the same platform, but those turbo's are tucked up against that engine fairly tightly... I'm pretty sure someone could make them fit in a Contour. It doesn't appear to be sticking out further then the AC compressor.

Back