• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Twin Turbo Contour

Joey Contour

CEG'er
I did a quick search and I did not see anything. I was talking to a guy the other day and he said that while working at a shop. The company built a twin turbo contour for one of there customers. They used two t26 turbo and bolted the turbos under the car near the back seat. Kind of like a sps setup. The car supposedly dynode at 600 hp. I've never read anything like this on the site and was wondering if anyone else had heard of this mysterious contour or is this setup even possible to pull off.

you will be waiting for those pics till hell freezes over:laugh:

anything is possible with the right amount of cash. when i hit the mega millions jackpot i put wings and jet engines on my contour and flew cross country but i didnt have a pilots license and the police took the flytour away and now im broke. sorry but no pics:crazy:

anything is possible with the right amount of cash. when i hit the mega millions jackpot i put wings and jet engines on my contour and flew cross country but i didnt have a pilots license and the police took the flytour away and now im broke. sorry but no pics:crazy:

sign-funnypost.gif

I did a quick search and I did not see anything. I was talking to a guy the other day and he said that while working at a shop. The company built a twin turbo contour for one of there customers. They used two t26 turbo and bolted the turbos under the car near the back seat. Kind of like a sps setup. The car supposedly dynode at 600 hp. I've never read anything like this on the site and was wondering if anyone else had heard of this mysterious contour or is this setup even possible to pull off.

Yeah.... You'll find that a lot of people talk out of their ass. Shops included. Why just yesterday the gas station attendant told me he liked my car. He inquired to the power levels. I responded "probably about 200 to the wheels" He just kind of looked at me... "oh thats kinda slow, I had an acura Vtek pushin about 450 to the wheels". Ive seen his car before... it wasnt even vtec, let alone have any modifications to push it over 140 to the wheels! lol.

I don't have pics cause I've never seen the car. The guy does not have pic but I will see if the guy still has contact with the owner of the contour. My question to you guys was if anyone has ever heard of anyone who has done this setup, I'm guessing from the pics or ban comments that's a no. The other question is do you guys think its possible? The reason I'm asking is I may do some design work for him since he is starting his own shop and we were talking about doing the setup to my car in exchange for payment on the work.

Yeah.... You'll find that a lot of people talk out of their ass. Shops included. Why just yesterday the gas station attendant told me he liked my car. He inquired to the power levels. I responded "probably about 200 to the wheels" He just kind of looked at me... "oh thats kinda slow, I had an acura Vtek pushin about 450 to the wheels". Ive seen his car before... it wasnt even vtec, let alone have any modifications to push it over 140 to the wheels! lol.

It may have been a sleeper. Were there any stickers installed? They often hint to the magical installation of a v-tec system that isn't really there...:laugh:

a couple of the techs where i work told me that they had a regular who always came in for service with a twin turbo green svt a few years back. i posted about it when i first moved here and everyone pretty much told me the same thing they told you

there was a member here once upon a time...some of you older guys might remember him,new guys,i'd search on ceg for his posts,as they always turned out to be fun. SVTPRODIGY. he was dead set on doing this

even if this was done, its pointless.

600whp in contour is dumb, nobody makes a drive axel that supports that kind of power.

300whp really is the sweet spot.

That car would require very overly built engine and tranny.

It wouldnt require anything more special than a single turbo contour. A twin turbo contour wouldnt make anymore power than a single turbo contour, especially since the turbos would have to be tiny due to limited space under the hood.

Stock trans can die from over spirited driving a normal SVT Motor.

Built 3L with a built trans can be destoryed over time for the same reason.

600HP 2.5L even on a built trans? I would be pretty doubtful it would last two days. I could foresee all kinds of issues, like traction, and monster torque steer if you could get the tires to hook up to the ground.

Plausible, yeah, likely :rolleyes:. I think someone looking to spend that kind of money and time would jump to a different car/platform.

The guy said they did the set up under the car because there was no room under the hood and a t26 is not that big of a turbo. Maybe I'm dreaming but it would take some work but I could see it happening.

Back