• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

opinions needed!!

Smalls

Addicted CEG'er
my car will be going in for some paint soon and i cant make up my mind on what i want to do with the hood. i do NOT want to copy starjammir in any way shape or form :) i did a quick MS paint of what i was thinking of. so what do you guys think? leave it all CF, paint it all silver, or do what i did in the picture below?

adrs22.jpg

the original pic for reference

adrs2.jpg

i will be painting the grille ring silver and have silver eyelids

Leave it the way it is & paint the roof black...

and put a stock decklid on if that's what I think it is in those pics

Maybe its me, but why not leave it alone, it looks great:cool:

well, everyone leaves it alone(minus bill). and i think paint will give it a more finished look. the nascar trunk isnt on anymore. i got in on boumacjs group buy for the custom rear reflectors.

Just copy StarJ, only 2 people on the planet have it. Big deal.

i spoke to him earlier and he said that he wouldn't be too happy if i did a similar paint scheme. but i seriously cant think of any way to paint the hood that will look as good or better

kick him in the bad leg & do it anyway...

then paint the whole damn thing & throw 10 oz of pearl in the mix...actually if you have a good painter, they could accent spray heavy pearl in all the right places for extra pop in the sun...even a nice microflake would be subtle but blinding

Last edited:
kick him in the bad leg & do it anyway...

then paint the whole damn thing & throw 10 oz of pearl in the mix...actually if you have a good painter, they could accent spray heavy pearl in all the right places for extra pop in the sun...even a nice microflake would be subtle but blinding

thanks PP :laugh:

welcome ;)

was there a cad drawing or some other detailed pic of the hood floating around here somewhere, where you can clearly see the contours?

varying the metallics is a great custom technique...as long as you know where to put them.

here is one that beans did for me. i was thinking if i do something similar to bills, but leave "SVT" on either the passenger side, or both in CF.

0624091646bcopy.jpg

Ahhh i can't decide! I stare at it for 10 mins, and can't decide. I can't even decide for my car!

leave it CF look. respray the clear so it doesnt yellow too fast :D

sorry to be off topic, but what wheels are those? i love em

here is one that beans did for me. i was thinking if i do something similar to bills, but leave "SVT" on either the passenger side, or both in CF.

0624091646bcopy.jpg

I like how he even got the TM trade mark logo in there :laugh:

I personally like the bulge idea you had in the first post. But I would then put 2.5L or 3.0L on the side of it with vinyl decals.

i spoke to him earlier and he said that he wouldn't be too happy if i did a similar paint scheme. but i seriously cant think of any way to paint the hood that will look as good or better

I don't like copying people either, but what else can you do when there is not a huge aftermarket for these cars and there are all of us on here? :shrug: There is bound to be some copying because sooner or later we will run out of ideas that haven't been done before.

That being said, I like the SVT in CF with the rest of the hood painted :cool: Whatever you decide, I'm sure it'll be sweet

i saw something at a show a while back that had a cf hood. he painted everything one color but he left about 1/2" or so of the front edge cf so you could tell wha it was. I thought it was pretty cool:shrug:

Back