• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My hat's off to BAT

SVTMiG

CEG'er
While in the middle of a diff swap, I figured I'd throw my new Eibach springs on the car. In the "bounce" test, the struts seemed responsive and overall had good ride still. But when (Monday afternoon) I unbolted the first front assembly, the strut was junk. Some dampening left but not much. So while I had Brett (Livinsvt) cleaning and assembling my trans (and did a very nice job too, thx!), I called BAT on Tuesday. I had come to the conclusion that I wanted to try Bilsteins, but BAT or Spax would work considering I want this thing DONE this weekend.

BAT clearly states in their shipping policy that orders after noon will be processed next day. Using UPS' site, I figured 3 days to ship. Given it was mid-afternoon Tuesday, I was bummed to figure Monday at the earliest. But I called and asked what was in-stock. The BAT's were on the shelf and for $440.23 they are at my house today! No promise was made on that, it just happened they got my order out same afternoon.

So next week I get to drive to work in my CSVT for the first time since December, but with new struts, springs, strut mounts, LCAs, and a diff in one piece!

Congrats man! What diff did you end up using?
Bought a used stock, great condition. In 2 years or so if I'm going to keep the car I'll build a 3L and throw a Torsen in, but for now I'm minimizing the budget to safety and proper drivability issues.

You must have either got real lucky, live close to BAT headquarters or things have slowed down a lot at BAT. My stuff took 6 weeks to arrive last March when I ordered a BAT Y pipe and handling kit. Seems like they were backordered on everything.

Lucky, yes. But as stated I asked what was in stock. Close? No. Florida to Michigan, but that's only 3 days by UPS ground. Not too shabby.

Living across the pennisula from BAT, stuff always arrives next day.

I have learned the hard way to ALWAYS call and ask about stock availability.

BAT was brutal last year. I phoned and made sure everything was in stock and then ordered and paid right away.

Two weeks later ( after getting my money of course ) I get an email saying they're backordered. I paid for express delivery and it still took 6 weeks. I never did even get any confirmation that order was ever shipped, it just showed up one day.

I wasn't the only person this happened to last year either. More than a few people reported problems in getting stainless Y pipes and other things. For whatever reason, BAT really dropped the ball last year.

I'm still gratefull that BAT actually supports the Contour platform. But, they could do a lot of things much better.

i agree with the fast shipping. i ordered my BAT front struts and mounts last Thursday, and got the on Monday. that's fast from Florida to mass.
ONLY problem was, i went to swap the new struts in with my eibachs, and i got one side in, and dissembled the other side, and then discovered that BAT had sent me 1 FRONT strut and 1 REAR strut. i was pissed. i ended up putting the eibach on a stock strut, but the height of the spring perch isnt the same as my stockers, so my FR corner is a different height then the other. that doesnt make for good driving. i have to wait till next tuesday for the right one. when i called about it, all the guy would do for all my aggravation is throw in some stickers in the box. SWEET!

Back