• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Meet Idea - California Speedway

svtracer214

CEG'er
Hey guys, I have an idea for a place to meet. The group I track my car with (nasaproracing.com) is having a track day at California Speedway on March 21st and 22nd. I do not think there are any more spaces available (everyone must start in HPDE 1) but it would give you a chance to come and get together and to see what these events are like. You may even be inspired to sign up for a future event.

It would be cool to see a bunch of Contours out there since I am always the only one.

I should have a garage so I will be easy to find - I am always easier to spot when I am on track.

Perhaps dinner afterwards? I will be unavailable for a drive after the event (race tires on car Friday night - desire for bed on Saturday night) but those that come may wish to partake in something like that.

Thoughts, comments, ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
That is too far for me to go and not drive, but I have wanted to go do the hpde for a while. Do you go to all the track days?

Sounds like a great Ideal,

matt%20and%20gillian%20walk%20of%20fame.jpg

Now how is driving 2 hours from Diego too far, :shrug: some of you ppl kill me with this its too far as if we are asking you to cross state lines. Does your car have a county line tracking device that goes off if you cross it and kill the motor?

Ok, I have to confess I didn't look up where California Speedway was because I looked at the NASA events last year and worked out (apparently incorrectly) they were all at least 3-4 hours away.
But I still can't make this one, I have some friends in town for Easter.

That said - what about the next one, April 26/27 in Buttonwillow?

I plan on being there also. Just so you know Button Willow is 2 hours away from me (Sherman Oaks), so it is probably about 4 to 5 hours from you.

I do hope you still go, but plan on making a weekend of it.

Last edited:
Yes I'm aware how far it is, I drove past there on my way to Sequoia national Park a few weeks ago, I'm definitely planning on making a weekend out of it. Sometimes its tough for me to indulge my motorhead tendencies, so a full weekend is pretty attractive.

Hey is there going to be any update on this event!!!!! I'm on call this weekend, but will be ready to come out and support SVT racer on the 21/22. Keep the info coming and whoever shows just shows.

The track is off the interstate 10 and the 15 in Fontana....You take the Cherry Ave exit and go north.....

The track is 1hour 15 min north of San Diego, 55min east of LA, 1 hour 15min south of Palmdale. and for all you junkyard hounds, the track is right next to about 5 sq miles of junkyards on whitram Ave.

Recovery - Sorry for the delayed response. This is the first time my head has been out from underneath my car in a few weeks. At one point I think I even ate a meal under there just so I could keep wrenching.

I know I will still be there this Friday and Saturday. The event will take place rain or shine (one year we drove in demoralizing rain and hail).

I have no idea my garage number yet - it should be sent to me on Tuesday. I will post once I know.

Can I get a quick count of who may be stopping by so I can have my friends keep an eye out for you and so they don't scream at you to get the hell away from my car if you are checking it out while I am not near it.

For those interested in coming please PM me so I can give you my garage number and cell number. You may also want to reach out to Recovery so you can come around the same time.

Thanks again for coming out Recovery. Your car is looking very nice.

I am testing the waters to see if anyone is interested in buying the car so I can build a more dedicated track car and I am using the pictures you took. They look great.

Thanks again for coming out Recovery. Your car is looking very nice.

I am testing the waters to see if anyone is interested in buying the car so I can build a more dedicated track car and I am using the pictures you took. They look great.
so svtracer, what are your plans as far as track days go with your car out of service? I am doing a bit of catch up maintenance (BRAKES, motor mounts and intermediate shaft) to get my car in track worthy condition, but hopefully May or June I will be able to make it out.
Do you know how early you need to book the HPDE? I tried to book in once last year and it was already full.

Back