• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Guess what I picked up

Well, lets see
$550-clutch & bearing
$580-torsen
$220-Zetec trans
$220-Keyed tower thingy
$250-Terry Labor
$65-Royal Purple
$1885 grand total spent on a perfectly good trans LOL.
Hope the wife never does the math!

But I do have alot of good parts to sell :)

that could buy like 3 3.0 duratecs! :shocked:

Quick pic before she went in :)
PICT4994.jpg

No headers Matt?!!
To be honest, I dont like the way they sound. My plans are to run it stock for the first 500 miles then modify it. I really liked the way my old CSVT sounded. It had both pre cats gutted, removed 3rd cat and stock mufflers with very little to no rasp. I was always complimented about the sound.

Awesome! I am a little surprised that you went with stock manifolds also, but if thats what you like :shrug: Can't wait to see some pics all together :cool:

That looks awesome! Nice - I thought about going back to stock headers because of the rasp, but loosing the HP would bumm me out.....

I put 65 miles on her today. She has a light valve train noise that seems to be going away. It sounds almost like a bike chain but light. I changes the oil and filter after start up. Running mobile 1 synth right now. I'm going to run her stock and easy for the first 500 miles.

LOL, I have 150 miles on it now. That noise is still there. I thought my last SVT made the same noise but its been so long I cant remember. Now It needs brakes. Any one try the BAT stock repplacement kit?

No CELs yet but it idles a little rough. I cant tell if its just the filled engine mounts.

It's a ford what would you expect? They always make noises between moosing,valvetrain clatter,gringding snychros,exploding diffs,spinnning bearings and NVH.

No CELs yet but it idles a little rough. I cant tell if its just the filled engine mounts.

It is probably the filled mounts if you didn't have them before. I call it "feedback" not vibration..... You will have to get used to it. :D

It is probably the filled mounts if you didn't have them before. I call it "feedback" not vibration..... You will have to get used to it. :D

Eww!

The other side skirt came today YAY! Brakes are grinding BOO! Ordered brake pads today YAY! Hope brake last till then BOO!

I just saw this thread. ANd i read the whole thing too.

Awesome work and great pictures man!!!

Glad it started up...and that uim is :drool:

Back