• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The rally car in race trim

I'm waiting for the photos to get out. I did so terrible my first two runs out, that I could have been faster than everybody else for the last ten runs and still not win. I also hit about 15 cones for the weekend. If I had to do it again, I would have used different spring rates and much skinnier tires that are more mud specific. The winning driver was also driving a radically prepared car where my is almost stock. It was a great event and I had lots of fun too.

i wanna see a video of the car in action

There was over six hours of video taken at the event by one person alone. As it becomes available, I will share it. I think that I will have a race car specific camera by Decembers event. Maybe even two!

I ran SCCA Pro Rally for a couple of years up in the northeast when I lived in Maine. My car was a '84 VW GTI converted to 4WD, had a hand built rally computer made by a guy at Bell Labs, four point belts, 4 Hellas across the front, full cage, blah, blah, blah. Never looked as clean as that ride of yours. Must have something to do with skimming tree branches and dropping that inside wheel toward the ditch on a turn.

Back