• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

GB: Door Sill Plates

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see the photo at work but in the correct light you can see circular scoring in mine. it left over from the machining of the plate. so i don't see it as unusual.

yeah, its basically that except I don't need the "right light" It's one area full of circles that is deep enought to feel with a fingernail.

Did anyone else have any weird circular scoring on theirs? One of my front plates looks like this:

I hate to be one of those people so I'm not sure what is acceptable to complain about it or not, what do you think? :shrug:

Mine were perfect, nothing like that.
IMO that is not acceptable. I would email Anthony at Autovation ah@autovation.net and attach photo. He should readily agree not up to normal quality standard.

Guys, the little circles are an artifact of the machining process. They are generally insignificant, but I gotta agree with Hotdimmes that the ones on the end of his sills are kinda large and unsightly.

Hotdimmes, please send that pic to Anthony and simply ask if that blemish is typical for the products the produce. Thanks.

Well I sent my sill back. UPS shows they should get them Monday. I'm excited to see how well they will match my floor mats. I went ahead and sent them all files in both .dxf and .dwg so hopefully they can make something work.

As assumed, autovation has offered to take excellent care of their customers!

I can agree with that! I can't wait to get my updated sill plates back. Hopefully I'll have something to show you guys by the end of the week if not by the first week of next month with the holiday week and everything.

1. Chas - PAID
2. brapple - PAID
3. brapple - PAID
4. CSVT#49 - PAID
5. hotdimmes - PAID
6. fcsvt1 -
7. ft.worthsvt-
8. SVT Loki - PAID
9. tsSVT -
10. Silver Bullet - PAID
11. ProjectSVT -

1. Chas - PAID
2. brapple - PAID
3. brapple - PAID
4. CSVT#49 - PAID
5. hotdimmes - PAID
6. fcsvt1 - PAID
7. ft.worthsvt-
8. SVT Loki - PAID
9. tsSVT -
10. Silver Bullet - PAID
11. ProjectSVT

Has everybody ordered who plans to? The price is going up in January!

For those who have already ordered, is everyone happy? Have all issues been resolved?

When are we going to get EL lit ones? :shrug:

Certainly Autovation can fabricate the sills so that LEDs can fit inside, but... what are you gonna do for a power source and wiring? I would estimate the total cost of something like that at $200, including the LEDs and wiring.

Certainly Autovation can fabricate the sills so that LEDs can fit inside, but... what are you gonna do for a power source and wiring? I would estimate the total cost of something like that at $200, including the LEDs and wiring.

It's not LED, its EL tape or film. Lights up when provided power. Ford actually sells them for the mustang and lightning for $250 a pop so $200 isn't too bad.

4228a7627a83abded9dc8f321e5fe218.image.300x231.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back