• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

why is everything so expensive around here???

S2Knott

Hard-core CEG'er
just reading through threads and i see guys get their whole car tinted professionally for like $100 to $150 then guys get resonator or cat replacement straight pipes welded in for like $30 bucks.

i know it sounds dumb but on cape for good tint you pay about $250-$300 and just to have a resonator or cat striaght piped its $75-$100 base.

i dunno if prices are like this just on the cape or in all of massachusetts but i just feel like everything is more expensive down here. anyone agree? (the exhaust and tint are just examples)

wtf???? i was going to pay $200 to get my car redone at a big discount.

and what the f is with the mass pike wacarnolds not having a dollar menu, i asked for a double cheese and they said $2.69!!!!! WTF!? thats some bull s$$$, they make us pay for driving on the road and then they double and a half the price of a double cheeseburger! wtf?

lol you're gonna have a fun life if shiz like that gets you fired up.
Take some courses on economics or something.

wtf???? i was going to pay $200 to get my car redone at a big discount.

and what the f is with the mass pike wacarnolds not having a dollar menu, i asked for a double cheese and they said $2.69!!!!! WTF!? thats some bull s$$$, they make us pay for driving on the road and then they double and a half the price of a double cheeseburger! wtf?

Well that is a bit outragous...

Wendy's does not have the beloved $0.99 menu anymore, at least none that have been in recently... I think everything is now $1.09 or $1.19 (plus tax) now... The Jr. Hamburger is still $0.89, but is now smaller... Get used to it since this does not look like it will get better anytime soon :shrug:

Burger King still has Spicy Chicken Crisp sandwiches for $.99 :cool:

Out of all the things to complain about I'm surprised you aren't complaining about gas with your lead foot ;)

Yeah, I got my SVT tinted in Hartford, CT for $160 with a seamless rear window. $120 with seams IIRC.

Any fast food places right on the highway will have high prices and no dollar menu. I think the first time I was shocked at a McDonalds was in NYC. Insane prices!

Yeah, I got my SVT tinted in Hartford, CT for $160 with a seamless rear window. $120 with seams IIRC.

Any fast food places right on the highway will have high prices and no dollar menu. I think the first time I was shocked at a McDonalds was in NYC. Insane prices!

ever see that tv show most likely on the Food channel or TLC where they are going to unique places to eat? You can go to a Mcdonalds in NYC and have a full sit down, served mcdonalds meal.

ever see that tv show most likely on the Food channel or TLC where they are going to unique places to eat? You can go to a Mcdonalds in NYC and have a full sit down, served mcdonalds meal.

yup i seen that 1. theres was a bunch of cool mcdonalds.. like the 1 thats a castle with buisness meeting area lol

so get rid of the car for a stock 1 so you dont have to run the epensive stuff.. im paying 3.89 for gas

that doesn't make sense, stock or not in a SVT you need premium .... but with his hybrid he can't think about trying regular where as a stocl svt could, but shouldn't

The Papa Ginos in my hometown is sit-down with waitresses. Something about town zoning or requirements or whatnot. I actually didn't know that Papa Ginos was a fast food joint until I was in late high school and went to others.

that doesn't make sense, stock or not in a SVT you need premium .... but with his hybrid he can't think about trying regular where as a stocl svt could, but shouldn't

i always run the cheap stuff from sonoco and it seems to run the same as premuim. i do notice if i fill up with cheap stuff at pride or hess though. so i now i only get gas from sonoco and it runs great

Sounds like Taco Bell from Demolition Man. :laugh:

The Papa Ginos in my hometown is sit-down with waitresses. Something about town zoning or requirements or whatnot. I actually didn't know that Papa Ginos was a fast food joint until I was in late high school and went to others.

Yeah we have one like that in Bedford (I worked there). People would come in and be PISSED that they had to be seated and waited on.
I got a lot of angry customers.

Bedford has a law to keep places like McDonalds out by requiring all restaurants have wait service.

i always run the cheap stuff from sonoco and it seems to run the same as premuim. i do notice if i fill up with cheap stuff at pride or hess though. so i now i only get gas from sonoco and it runs great

that is because the knock sensor can compensate, but with a hybrid engine like s2knott has he shouldn't do that.

Back