• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

pics of #1190s splitter mount

svtkev

CEG'er
had some requests for pics of how my splitter is mounted, heres a few

heres what we added to the splitter around the foglights

100_1959.jpg

100_1960.jpg

heres the new bumper support bracket we made without the splitter installed

100_1962.jpg

heres with the splitter installed

100_1963.jpg

100_1958.jpg

and heres from under the splitter

100_1964.jpg

what we did on the side was glassed in some metal to pull the sides in tight to the bumper and then we made a lip that sits on the body line of the bumper and that lip makes it look like its molded to the side of the bumper, we also added like an inch on both sides of the splitter so it is the full length of the bumper , lastly we added some pieces of aluminum to the inside and underside of the splitter to support it where the pin holds it on,put some clear vinyl on the side of the bumper so it doesnt scrape going on and off , lined inside of the entire splitter with felt,
so far so good , ive scraped it pretty hard a couple of times and its held up good

really good work but all that work....why not just mold it instead?

I have a molded for the summer months and a stocker for the winter.

really good work but all that work....why not just mold it instead?

I have a molded for the summer months and a stocker for the winter.
i have a large hump at the end of my driveway and i was positive i wouldnt be able to make it in or out of the driveway with the splitter on so it was important that it was removable , and i just couldnt throw it on as horrible as they fit the bumper

heres some pix of the foglight area from my other thread
100_1949.jpg

100_1957-1.jpg

looks really sweet!

Ever since I bolted on my skidplate it weighs the thing down and creates a gap by the foglight area.

Anyone have any ideas on how to pull the thing back tight? I pushed it on the bumper hard when I first bolted the mirko on my car but it still hangs :shrug: Think I'm screwed :rolleyes:

Back