• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

6 into a 4. Is it possible?

DarkBlueZ

Hard-core CEG'er
My brother has a contour and he has recently got it totalled. Someone ran a red light in a funeral percession and t-boned him. Hit and run :nonono:. But he has the 6 in his, i was wondering if its that hard to swap the 6 into my 'tour with the 4. Im guessing there is gunna be alot of other stuff ill have to swap. Just thought I'd ask to get an idea.

My brother has a contour and he has recently got it totalled. Someone ran a red light in a funeral percession and t-boned him. Hit and run :nonono:. But he has the 6 in his, i was wondering if its that hard to swap the 6 into my 'tour with the 4. Im guessing there is gunna be alot of other stuff ill have to swap. Just thought I'd ask to get an idea.

Though it fits, less the subframe problem mentioned above, the challenge lies with the electronics. Different wiring harnesses, etc. Making sure that you've traced everything back to convert from the four cylinder wiring to that of the six may resemble looking for a needle in a haystack. I'd not be inclined to do it, but would rather seek out a car that came with the six from the factory.

Though it fits, less the subframe problem mentioned above, the challenge lies with the electronics. Different wiring harnesses, etc. Making sure that you've traced everything back to convert from the four cylinder wiring to that of the six may resemble looking for a needle in a haystack. I'd not be inclined to do it, but would rather seek out a car that came with the six from the factory.

Plus the V6 contours had Pats, and the I4 didnt, you would have to bypass or install the pats security system into the I4 contour.

Plus the V6 contours had Pats, and the I4 didnt, you would have to bypass or install the pats security system into the I4 contour.

depends on the year. pre98's v6's don't have pats.

but if the v6 car did you would either need to install pats on the new car or take a pcm from a non-pats v6 and use that instead. (I have one kicking around actually, if you choose to go this route)

Back