• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Injector sizes... (not sure where to put this)

Smokeshow

CEG'er
I am doing a little research... and trying to gather as many Ford Bosch Injector sizes are possible... here is what I have so far..

12's - Gold top
14's - Blue Top - E3EE-BA ( Low Impedance )
14's - Gray top -
16's - Blue - E43E-AC ( Low Impedance )
17's - Creme/white top ( Low Impedance )
19's - White - E6EE-AB ( Low Impedance )
19's - Orange/Yellow top -
19's - Gold
19's - Yellow/Black
21's - Lavender - ( EV6 )
22's - Pink top ( EV6 )
23's - Black - E4EX-BA ( Low Impedance )
24's - Light bluish/gray top -
25's - Blue/Green -
25's - Light blue ( EV6 )
30's - Dark Red top -
30's - Green - E3ZE-BA ( Low Impedance )
35's - Brown top ( Low Impedance ) -
36's - Cobalt blue top ( sometimes silver )
37's - Green- E3VE-A1A ( Low Impedance )
39's - Blue ( EV6 ) ( thin style ) -
42's - Lime Green top -
46's - Blue - EOSE-A1A ( Low Impedance )
52's - Gray - E43E-AC ( Low Impedance )
56's - Blue - E43E-AC ( Low Impedance )
64's - Green - E53E-AB ( Low Impedance )
150's - Bright Orange top ( Low Impedance )

That is about all I can find right now... if you know of any more help me out... also, if you see some that I have been mislead on.. let me know... I have tried to label all the Low Impedance ones with part numbers so if you are not sure you can identify them also by number and color... and some by different connector style.. any help is greatly appreciated..

No one knows, out of all the "guru's" on this board...

You probably better than anyone else. I guarantee nobody on here is looking for 21, 22, 23 lb, etc. If your staying n/a, get the 19 lb or the 24 lb. FI people go with 24, 36, or 42 lb. Not to mention, these standard sizes are a lot easier to find, especially since they come in most production cars.

I highly doubt that... I just know that there are some really knowledgeable (sp?) people on this board... just thought I could tap into their knowledge slightly.. and 80% of those do come in cars and are not special order items... I just did not list the vehicles they come with to cut down on bandwidth..

Guess no one wants to help me expand my knowledge of injectors... or cares to... one of the two... or even both.. LOL

Unrhetorical Questions Inserted.... 80% User Rant.. 20% Sarcasm.. 100% Free of Charge

Unrhetorical Questions Inserted.... 80% User Rant.. 20% Sarcasm.. 100% Free of Charge

Edited..

Last edited:
Im not being sarcastic, Im being honest. If people knew, they would post. They dont know because in the 8 years ive been apart of this site, I have never seen one person looking for some of those odd size injectors. Everyone goes with whats tried, proven, and easy to get ahold of. Like I said in my original post, you are the guru when it comes to this subject. You know better than anyone else.

I am sorry that I responded that way, I just felt it was said in sarcasm... because I felt, in no way shape or form that I was/or am the most knowledgeable person on this subject... That being said, I really wasn't asking if anyone was using these, just wanted to know if anyone knew of any other sizes and if they did, what color and impedance and connector were they...

I just found it odd that no one had a reply with...
the stock svt contour has 19's and they are bright pink and are high impedance.. (speaking out loud, not really a reply or even true.. just making a statement)

sorry if Smoke set you on fire...

I'm going to resurrect this thread to point out a flaw...

1998 SVT Contour's came with Bosch orange injectors, which are:
Bosch P/N 0-280-155-710, this corresponds to a 18.25# injector.

Now the ivory/creme colored injector supposedly from a 2002 Cougar is a
Bosch P/N 0-280-155-861, this corresponds to a 19.8# injector.

For others, there is a lot more info on injector sizing in this thread
http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=50239

I think we should really try to get a list of injector sizes as far as color, plug style, part number, and rating.

so if I put the ivory/creme colored one on my 99 svt, if they would fit, then I would get a LITTLE more power. .8lb difference right!?

Same impedance and connector?

Back