• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

yup

Mmmm wax

P1020982.jpg

...Its an 84. I dont know much about them other than you can do alot with them and get high HP outta them. This one is in pretty good shape too.:drool:

Dont know how much he wants though.

I don't like Toyota. Never have. But those old Supras have always caught my eye. They're pretty cars. They're reasonably capable in bone stock form, so I'd just leave it that way and drive it.

Buddy of mine had an '85. Had leather seats and lumbar support controlled by a hand pump that looked like it was taken from a blood pressure reader. Also analog automatic climate control.

Speaking of Toyotas. Spend about an hour last night looking for the ECU on the father-in-laws newer Tundra so we could program the remote entry. Looked online. One place said it is by the stearing colum, another said it might be under the seat, another said it might be behind the light switch. Didn't find it any place. Wasn't behind the glove box either. :shrug:

Nice things about it, is that it is about a perfect sized truck. Not too big, not too small. Rear leg room is a little lacking but who needs to haul 4/5 people in a pick up anyway?

the guys on the fiero forum have absolutly no sense of humor! i posed that "rickrolled" link abut the star trek from the off topic here in a thread about the new star trek and a bunch of people all got pissed at me! seriously, it was a flippin joke!

oh well, thats what happens when you have a bunch of geezers that barely knw what a mouse is :D

heres the link if you guys want to see. sad sad sad
http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/055549.html

What pissed me off about it (I clicked elraido's link -- I can only assume that the two were the same) was that it really dragged down the system. It took a bit just to get the volume control open, and by that point, the song had been playing too long considering I'm at the office. I pulled the plug on the back of the computer and did a cold boot. Those kind of entrapment scripts are garbage. They're annoying, not funny.

No hard feelings, though. I certainly wouldn't give you negative ratings like the guys on the Fiero site, but I will tell you that the post you made months back with the picutre of the Oldsmobile tearing through the dust was more enjoyable. :cool:

What pissed me off about it (I clicked elraido's link -- I can only assume that the two were the same) was that it really dragged down the system. It took a bit just to get the volume control open, and by that point, the song had been playing too long considering I'm at the office. I pulled the plug on the back of the computer and did a cold boot. Those kind of entrapment scripts are garbage. They're annoying, not funny.

No hard feelings, though. I certainly wouldn't give you negative ratings like the guys on the Fiero site, but I will tell you that the post you made months back with the picutre of the Oldsmobile tearing through the dust was more enjoyable. :cool:

Now you got Rick Rolled! that is why I have speakers with volume control on them at work. :laugh: Should have figured I was up to no good with Claytons response to it.

Uber Noob post.

Are you supposed to be able to compress a strut by hand?

Not comfortably, but you will be able to move it somewhat. If the rod drops down into the cylinder with no effort, though, you've got a problem.

Not comfortably, but you will be able to move it somewhat. If the rod drops down into the cylinder with no effort, though, you've got a problem.

Oh there is resistance. But I didn't think I should be able to do it by hand. They are the ones I am going to throw on to the Tour. They were an extra set of low mile ones the seller threw in with the car. They supposedly only have about 30Kmiles on them when he pulled them off his other Tour. little bit of surface rust and there doesn't appear to be any leakage. No SVT stickers on them though. They are a little slow to go back to their original "shape" though.....

Oh there is resistance. But I didn't think I should be able to do it by hand. They are the ones I am going to throw on to the Tour. They were an extra set of low mile ones the seller threw in with the car. They supposedly only have about 30Kmiles on them when he pulled them off his other Tour. little bit of surface rust and there doesn't appear to be any leakage. No SVT stickers on them though. They are a little slow to go back to their original "shape" though.....

You should strain a bit when pushing down on the strut. If there's no sign of weeping, they're probably worth a shot.

You should strain a bit when pushing down on the strut. If there's no sign of weeping, they're probably worth a shot.

I think they are good then. It does take a bit of force to get them going and they are nice and clean besides the rust. Just fixing up the springs and I should be ready to roll very soon. no more rear sagging FTW!

I think they are good then. It does take a bit of force to get them going and they are nice and clean besides the rust. Just fixing up the springs and I should be ready to roll very soon. no more rear sagging FTW!

The springs handle the weight -- the struts handle the dampening, as you know, so any sag in the back will be mostly spring related. Are you replacing springs?

The springs handle the weight -- the struts handle the dampening, as you know, so any sag in the back will be mostly spring related. Are you replacing springs?

Yup and strut mounts while I am there. The springs are used but no cracks and there wasn't a lot of rust on them either. I only had to pay shipping for them. But now I am wondering if i should just get new.

Yup and strut mounts while I am there. The springs are used but no cracks and there wasn't a lot of rust on them either. I only had to pay shipping for them. But now I am wondering if i should just get new.

How many miles on the springs? The ones I swapped from the Contour had about 52k miles and they sit perfect. I did check with Steve at tousley and iirc new springs were about $100 for the rear.

Back