• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Louisville, here I come!

beyondloadedSE

Hard-core CEG'er
I think a couple people knew this already, but I'm moving to Louisville. I graduated this semester with my mechanical engineering degree and took a job just outside Louisville (New Albany, IN to be exact). I was born in Louisville and lived there for 15 years, so ever since I moved to MI, my family and I have always wanted to move back since we consider that home. My brother took a job there about 9 months ago so I'll be living with him for about a year in his 1 bedroom apartment. Only $205/person for rent so I'm happy! :D Gotta save up some money so I can buy a house. I'm so glad to get back down south! Wish me luck!

Who else is from Kentucky or southern Indiana?

Louisville/Mt. Washington. Grew up in Okolona area. There is not many people on here from Louisville. I did spot a black SVT, lowered,spoiler, with factory wheels in Mt. Washington though. Dont know if they are on here.

Louisville/Mt. Washington. Grew up in Okolona area. There is not many people on here from Louisville. I did spot a black SVT, lowered,spoiler, with factory wheels in Mt. Washington though. Dont know if they are on here.
I am from LaGrange but i work in Louisville. I have a customer in New Albany as well.

Scooty, as far as i know there are only 3 black SVTs in the area. mine, SVTourUofL, and a black one in the middletown area that has purple graphics on it (ive seen it twice). there also a 2000 T-Green one in Lagrange along with a red one. none of them are members though.

Jim, When are you moving down here? we need to get a meet setup.

i know of two. One works near Fern Valley Rd. Completely stock. The other in Mount Washington. Only seen that one in the driveway, never on the road.
Im up for meeting as well. Need some work done on the car but I dont mind giving yo all a peek.

Good luck with your move and best of luck in all your endevours! Graduation is always fun, mine was actually today, the ceremony that is, graduate technically like in oct/sept... Enjoy and rock on!

I'm moving down there today. Btw, Just incase anyone spots him, my brothers car is a 2000 SVT with ST200 wheels and contour.org stickers on the rear windows. We should definetely set up a little mini meet. :)

I'm moving down there today. Btw, Just incase anyone spots him, my brothers car is a 2000 SVT with ST200 wheels and contour.org stickers on the rear windows. We should definetely set up a little mini meet. :)
I think i have seen it before. I know i saw one parked on the side of a street last year with St200's on it.

Edit: the one i saw was silver and, IIRC, was parked in front of the trinity football field

Last edited:
ahhhh i see, the south must be where you and your bro learned to sit on the porch, barefoot, shooting stuff. people from MI dont do that.

ahhhh i see, the south must be where you and your bro learned to sit on the porch, barefoot, shooting stuff. people from MI dont do that.

yup, kentucky is like a third world country to the rest of the united states. :laugh:

Anyways, I start my job on the 2nd of January and I really need to familiarize myself with SolidWorks before I start, so it probably would be best to set up a meet sometime after I start. :)

yup, kentucky is like a third world country to the rest of the united states. :laugh:

Anyways, I start my job on the 2nd of January and I really need to familiarize myself with SolidWorks before I start, so it probably would be best to set up a meet sometime after I start. :)

Never used it, but it looks HOTT!

http://www.solidworks.com/

NVIDIA_comp.jpg

Jim
I saw you about 12:30 on highway 146 near whipsmill rd. i was in silver trailblazer heading to a customer or i would have turned around.

Just thought I'd chime in. I'm alittle farther out of Louisville past New Albany in the Georgetown area. As for SVT's in this area I have seen a few more recently. There is a black one that is basically stock that I saw for the first time the other day, there is another black one in the Crawford county area that has a SC and Nitrous setup with a CF cowl hood and a BIG "SVT" emblem on the rear window. I saw another t-red 3 or 4 times just off the Georgetown exit. The only other one that I know of around here is one in the New Albany area thats a T-red with 2 e1s and 2 chrome moteigi's, I met him once, his name is Rhett.

Yea we definitely need to have a meet sometime.

Jim are you living in Louisville or New Albany?

Back