• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Updated Interior shots (Large pics)

hotdimmes

Hard-core CEG'er
Finished up the dye job on my SVT seats. Went from Midnight Blue to Black. Used a brush on kit from leatherique.com

Pictures kind of suck from being in direct sunlight. Seats look alot more black in real life. Door panels will be replaced with something that matches as well although I'm still not sure what route I want to go. I have 4 MB door panels and a MB dash to play with :laugh:

Any thoughts/comments/opinions on what I should do with the rest of the interior are more than welcome. Right now I'm planning to do the same that's done now...just with better execution.

Mostly stock original interior:
DSCF0104.jpg

IMG_0371.jpg

IMG_0372.jpg

Exterior shot for good measure:
IMG_0384.jpg

YUCK! you had the SAME seats I used to have. I HATED those things, ugly and uncomfortable... I have a bit of a surprise im posting in a day or two

Interestingly... I actually like the contrast... Like, it looks good, nice work man.

So did you actually paint the leather seats black?? :shrug: If so, Im assuming they were midnight blue before?

needs more reading :laugh:

hotdimmes said:
Finished up the dye job on my SVT seats. Went from Midnight Blue to Black. Used a brush on kit from leatherique.com

Also, I noticed that in the photos, the seats may appear to have a hint of midnight blue still in them. That's actually light reflection from the blue/red/pink shirt I was wearing. It's a nice shirt. I swear.

The seats look gorgeous! Been looking forward to seeing how they came out. I'd be interested to hear the longterm effects of the leather dye, how it will last.

Next step absolutely must be a black carpet. The black and gray looks good otherwise. Are you planning a completely black interior in the end?

That's my old drivers seat! Cool. :laugh:

It's looking sweet man. Just finish up the theme and you're good to go.

It's a non SVT, so it doesn't have one, well at least once you take the stock seats out it doesn't. My 99 SE was that same way.
The dye job looks great! I'd be interested to see how it holds up as well as I've wanted to do something like this for a while myself, just haven't had the guts.

SE's didn't have an armrest on the console like SVT's.

SE's have armrests that are connected to the driver's seat and flip up and down to allow access to the open console compartments.

SE's didn't have an armrest on the console like SVT's.

SE's have armrests that are connected to the driver's seat and flip up and down to allow access to the open console compartments.

correct, it was on the seat.

The advantage to no armrest is that you gain a rear cupholder. :help:

Thanks for the comments guys. I'm not too concerned with how it holds up. It seems pretty solid and dries wondrously within a day. So even if it starts fading, I can just throw another coat of dye on trouble areas and be fine. Easy maintenance!

There are a few spots where you can see brush strokes but only if you are really looking for it. I think if I had used multiple brushes I could have switched over to a new one that wasn't all gummed up and it would have come out better.

Overall I'm very happy with the Results/Cost ratio! Maybe I'll do a few photochops of different designs and post them up for opinions. I'd like to keep the two tone going.

The advantage to no armrest is that you gain a rear cupholder. :help:

You can't even call the SVT "armrest" an armrest. It's useless. Should just be called a center console lid.

Now the Pre-98 armrest on the other hand = :drool:

Last edited:
I'd love to do a pre98 console...I just NEED a good cupholder solution. Even just one! I'm thinking about doing something custom with/like the cougar center console that has a static, non flip up cup holder next to the e-brake.

Back