• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

96 GL vs Sport? Anyone Know what's different?

Teal4Banger

CEG'er
I've got a 96 GL Sport (zetec) and I'm wondering what is different about it vs a normal 96 GL aside from the wheels. Anyone know?

Thanks.

Stuff.

I think it was a package with 15" aluminum rims, power windows/locks, and maybe slightly stiffer suspension.

I know my 96GL had it and had stiffer suspension than my friends super base 95GL (without power locks even).

It was basically a sport package, stiffer suspension, alloy wheels, sometimes a spoiler, and I believe that the gauge cluster had a tachometer as well.

Factory CD on a pre98 is rare. Ive seen loaded SE models that still have cassette. That is, unless a previous owner bought a CD player from an SVT or a post98 and plugged it into the stock harnesses. Which might be the case.

Factory CD on a pre98 is rare. Ive seen loaded SE models that still have cassette. That is, unless a previous owner bought a CD player from an SVT or a post98 and plugged it into the stock harnesses. Which might be the case.

I concur...There is no way a GL came with a CD player. The GL is the base trim :shrug:.

ah .. but the GL Sport could be optioned out with nearly everything. So it's possible.

Ahh this may be true. The GL my gf is purchasing may be the Sport package. Power doors and windows and the 5-spoke (wide curvy spokes) wheels. I didn't think of that... d'oh.

Back