• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

headlights

Good luck, i'm going to attempted to do this as soon as I get a new set of headlights...

It's fairly easy to do. The most difficult part imo was sealing the lens after everything is done. I think I did a good job; however, the true test will be once I get caught in some rain, and at that point it may be a bit too late. Good luck with your project. Also, many people will tell you not to get junkyard headlights or go with the imitations from ebay. Obviously it's a matter of preference, but the OEM lights I got from the junkyard worked out pretty well and look good. Here is a thread I have going: http://contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=8058. I'll post the final pics once I'm done.

does anyone know where I can find the foam/rubber lining that sits behind the lens on the fender side? Mine is really destroyed and I want to replace it. To be more specific, its a thin strip and it's glued to the back of the most outer (wide) edge of each headlight.

yeah, you have to buy a new headlight to get a new one.

Or you can just go get some kind of weatherstripping and try to make it work

You'll have a slight gap, that will be visible.

You should be able to find something to fill the space, it just wont look as 'factory'.

If i know ill be painting that outside lense portion that is silver frost (where that rubber is attatched) then that is the first part that I take off (CAREFULLY!)

Thats ugly.....Looks like something some cheesehead from Wisconsin would do to thier poor headlight...:nonono:

Nuttin But Butt Love Mark.....

Whoops...I studdddddddererereredededed:laugh:

reflective material on headlights

reflective material on headlights

anyone know how to replace the reflective material on the inside of the headlight? It flaked away.

saminbama
guyinsouthala@yahoo.com

Back