• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

PIAA...I thought they were reputeable?

Pen_Two

Is not easliy amused.
Well, I thought they were.

Drivers side is burned out as of today...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/EYP0097/Me and My crap/driverside.jpg

This one some how still works...
passside.jpg

Yes, those are cracks in the glass lens probably from the bulbs they came with making too much heat.

I'm more shocked that the glass cracked honestly. I have a spare bulb for the burned out one though. I just thought it was funny the one missing the glass still worked.

Last edited:
You've had those bulbs in there for a while. If it was heat related you'd think it would have broken before this. :shrug:

You have a PM.

Yup and a Summit is close to my house and has the Hella's for $49.99, I still have yet to get a pair

piaa used to have nice products but about 5-10 years ago quality was no longer #1; used to buy piaa products frequently but no more.

Well, since I didn't feel like driving around with busted ass lights, I decided speed holes would be better.

speedholes.jpg

Now I can tell all the ricers it actively cools my FSVT front brakes! :laugh:

Get a set of Hella 90mm lights and pudmunkie's fog brackets to replace the piaa's. The Hella units are solid units and the glass is MUCH thicker!

Do you have any pictures of the output on them showing the spread and how much it'll cover?

I'll probably pick a set of these up tomorrow to hold me over since I have this problem with having to drive with them on all the time.

Stock FTW! :laugh:

I went from stock, to Hella Optilux 2500, to PIAA 510, back to brand new stockers.

I got sick of replacing broken glass fogs. Biggest waste of my time and money.

Last edited:
So that's why you sold them to me Tony? :laugh: ;)

IDK, I've had mine for a while now and love them. No issues so far. **knocks wood**

The set I bought from you is still holding up well also. The SVT with that set just went in for a complete re-paint and will no longer be a DD.

I can certainly see a rock flipping up and breaking the glass, something that I might expect to happen with a glass lens. But, I like the look and am taking my chances. :)

you want a fog light that will not crap out on you, keep the oem one..I learned my lessons with the PIAA's and Hellas..money wasted

I imagine the fact that it doesn't see 5k miles a year has a lot to do with it. :shrug: :laugh:

:laugh:
Still, the car has been on the highway many times, out to MI, etc. and so far so good. Doug's car was a DD up until Monday, and no issues for him either.

Nothing wrong with stock. I just happen to like my PIAA's much better, to each their own. :)

damn glen you've got some bad luck lately.

the lenses were cracked when you got the car...but they weren't that bad. i always wondered wtf happened...best i could come up with is maybe using them on those extremely cold nights, but i don't knowwhy they cracked honestly...the passenger side one got tweaked up real bad when i ran into that blown out tire on the highway...but it actually didn't crack until after that! i don't know exactly when, i just put the car up to change the oil one day and was like mother****er!

Last edited:
Back