• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Old school HU

Pienstars

Veteran CEG'er
I've been looking for an ECD series for a while and finally came across one that looked to be in good shape. I had an ECD-413 about 10-12 years ago and to this day it was by far the best HU I've owned. The SQ from these units is amazing. Just picked up an ECD-415 and I was shocked when it arrived to see that it was in near mint condition. I installed it yesterday and tested all the radio functions first. All was well and even though you wouldn't associate FM radio with SQ, you could immediately notice a substantial improvement in all around sound. At this point I couldn't wait to load a cd! That's where things go south.... Tried to load a cd and it would go about half way in and then eject. Tried it multiple times but it seems something inside the unit is blocking it. The seller offered me a refund but I think i'm going to contact eclipse about repairing it because this unit kicks ass. Hopefully the seller will just refund me a portion of the sales price instead. Even though this is an old unit and hard to find in good shape, I would highly recommend it if you come across one.
standard.jpg

I have a 5441 from eclipse thats more then a few years old now and it sounds better then most of what my friends have. In fact, all of my audio equipment is border ancient and works well day in and day out.

Update: Eclipse no longer stocks parts for this unit so a repair is out of the question. The only thing I could think of if I wanted to keep this unit was to pick up a cd changer for it. I found an old Eclipse ESD-430 12 disk changer online that I decided to buy. Hopefully it works!

ESN

ESN

Do you know what the key disc is? The ESN feature requires a certain CD picked by previous owner to let unit operate (although you do have radio).

for kenwoods

KENWOOD SECURITY CODE CLEAR procedure

Your radio will require one of the following procedures.

Type 1
During the code request mode, while holding the DISP key depressed, press and hold the Volume UP or DOWN key for 3 seconds (so that “…” disappears).
Then using your remote enter your code.

Type 2
Press the "Auto" button and "Track up" on face of radio at the same time. The four dash lines ( . . . . ) should "disappear".

Then using your remote enter your code.

Type 3
Model# DPX-4020 and DPX-4030
Press and hold the 1 then the 6 preset key (preset keys are the buttons on face of radio for storing you "favorite" radio stations). "C" should display.
Then using your remote, enter your code.

Enter your number from the remote control unit. Your code number is 5227 (KCAR)

* Press numeric key “5” ( 2 times ) and press the Track UP/Next Track key
* Press numeric key “2” ( 3 times ) and press the Track UP/Next Track key
* Press numeric key “2” ( 1 time ) and press the Track UP/Next Track key
* Press numeric key “7” ( 2 times ) and press the Track UP/Next Track key
push buttom "track up" for 3 seconds
The security is canceled and the set enters the TUNER mode!

Back