• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

wash and wax improvement?

D

devanmc

With the nice weather outside. I decided to wash and wax my dirty contour. Its not an amazing car by no means. I'm rock'in the steelies...need i say more?

Here's the before and afters:

Before
P8120012.jpg

after
P8120015.jpg

Steelies, didn't turn out that good but their abit better.

before
P8120013.jpg

after
P8120014.jpg

Whats everyone think of the before and after, was it a good improvement or...

Last edited:
Didn't have any tire shine today. ill pick some up soon. About more wheel less tire. I don't have 500+ for new wheels and tires. I might have some new 14" rims by next summer but that will be as good as it gets till i need new tires.

Cleaning the wheel wheels makes a big difference too. Seeing a clean car and muddy wheel wells really draws attention to the wrong places. :)

Looks like i have more work tomorrow. im going at the interior and the wheel wells, ill try to shine up the tires more. im currently to cheap to buy tires shine.

yeah... so how do you guys feel about the rims? besides sucking cuz their steelies. Do they look better or do i need to go at them again with the color specific polish?

yeah... so how do you guys feel about the rims? besides sucking cuz their steelies. Do they look better or do i need to go at them again with the color specific polish?

You cant improve those, maybe with some spinner hubcaps...

ya sarcasm at its best :)

what else could i say to 30" clear rims or kmart special spinners?

edit: other then the part where i just looked up 30" clear rims and their is a nice set that has some rhinestones in they spokes and the come with crystal lug nuts...

Last edited:
Pick up some Whestley's Bleach White white wall cleaner... it's carried just about everywhere which is always nice, and it's not too expensive.

It has always worked great for me on wheel wells, tires, etc... It blackens up the tires almost to the point where it doesn't look bad without tire shine. You'll spray it on the tire and right away you'll see the brown water/soap running off.

Good start btw, I like the color... Keep it up!

Last edited:
i just noticed something.... do you have various types of tires on there?

It sure looked that way, different before and after tires... If you bought new tires then asked us to compare how you "cleaned" them thats cheating :laugh: but i'd guess you just don't have matching tires on there.

hey Devan, next time you wax, clay bar that ****.

Clay bar = 10x better wax application and shine. Trust me, after you are done clar baring, you will see just how dirty your paint is, some cars its just absolutely disguesting.

try attacking your steelies with mothers mag and aluminum polish in the red and white container. im sure you will get them to look good with that stuff.

Back