• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

video

D

devanmc

When school starts back up for me, i will be taking video classes at my high school. I was hoping everyone or atleast some of you would be interested in working with me to make a video about the EGL CEG cars, members and even do some of the meet/meets. Everyone and every car can be in it, granting that we can find time, locations(closed roads possibly?) that everyone can accept and attend.

Also, if we get strongly into this and shooting the video, i may be getting help from other class mates to do shooting of video. So this wont just be a small one camera shoot, by some kid in high school editing it on his computer in the basement.

I will edit, to show full details on my schools equipment as soon as i can make sure exactly what i will be using.

equip.
- high quality tri-pods with liquid dampers
- dell business series w/ single core 3.2GHz xeon processors, 1gb ram, 250gb hard drives(connected to a network 1tb drive for long term saves) and a graphics card running 2 dell 17" lcd monitors(DUAL screen side by side display) and a 15" monitor(t.v.) (used for showing how the video will look on a normal television)
- adobe premier, adobe after affects, and adobe photoshop editing software
- cameras are Sony DCR-VX2000 w/ shotgun mic and avalible wide angle lense, sun sheild(reduces chances of lense flares)
- field lighting kit using high temp/ high wattage halogen bulbs and filter gels(green, blue, purple, red ect...)

note:

- Everyone will not be required to be at every shoot. only the cars and respective drivers for that specific day.

- I may also be able to shoot video during the summer. I will have to email my teacher on this.

- About closing a road for taking video? For those questioning this, i think i might be able to make this happen. But obviously, for this level of filming, it would only be on a very/extremely light traffic road. It would take a lot of planning and involvement of local poilce. This would also be at a set time and section of road for a select amount of time.

- Lastly, i will have a pretty busy schedule so actual and set planning will be required. No "maybes" or "i might be able to...", you must be able to make sure on a good level.

Sorry for all of this info at one time.

Last edited:
Once i start school. i will be able to get atleast 2 previous videos to show. The problem with these videos is they will be a school promos and the other will be a video about war that i did in my first class.

Does any one have a mini dv camera? I found some tapes, I hope that atleast one has a finished promo on it, that i would be able to show.

About the drivers. They would just be expected to listen, work with ideas and come up with ideas. Most of all, show up on time or early to meeting places and be fully able to drive safely in conditions that are more extreme then the usual highway or city driving. Meaning they are well rested, not on any drugs that will impair their abilities or judgment(no drugs of any sort in their system, unless recommended dose of over the counter or recommended dose of medication that is prescribed to you) or hung over. Does that make sense.

I want everyone that is going in the video to be apart of its creation, not just someone i or someone else tells what to do. I want this to be your video to with your ideas on how you want things to look

Last edited:
sounds good. Ill probably do something like a promo for EGL-CEG for school. but ill make one huge video for you guys.

lets see how much more response we get. Then we can talk about ideas for the video. I'm kinda excited, and also wondering why steeda hasn't jumped all over me yet.

im down...

How long until you are going to have you sound system finished. Id want that in the video, from what your saying its going to be sick.

added: From lack of response id say people aren't interested. Steeda wont even b**** at me for being stupid. Well for the 3 of you that did respond ill do a video on your cars. As for everything else its on hold till i get more of a response from the EGL guys.

Last edited:
that i do not know thats all up to Rockford Fosgate... I am still tweaking my idea on how the install will be but construction on the box is starting soon...

Thats great, please keep me updated.

added: wow doesn't look like many are interested. Not even steeda will yell at me for this idea. I guess ill do this with the people who have responded, any one else can join this video but o well for the whole video idea. Not as much interest in this as i thought their would be.

Last edited:
ill send the 3 that responded pms and we can talk about doing something, as for the rest of the big idea, it isn't going to happen. Im not getting a large enough response.

Last edited:
alright, so rawburt, mrfatride and shavedsvt are interested.

if anyone else is interested speak up before thursday.

Last edited:
thanks. i have no idea how any of this is working yet but all of us will need to talk about this together. ill keep you all informed and we will come up with a time to meet up and talk about this

i could maybe participate. i am out of town a lot for work but if it falls on a weekend when im home then i could meet up. plus nobody has seen my car yet except for pudmunkie. let me know.

Back