• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My Roush Bondurant CSVT

boumacj

Hard-core CEG'er
http://www.fordcontour.org/index.php?&autocom=registry&cmd=view_item&CID=158

Getting ready to repaint and resticker it to like new condition. The car originally had the E0s and the jackpoint inserts but just before delivery Ford updated the wheels with the E1s and jackpoint covers were removed and discarded so they wouldn't fall of on the track (along with the centercaps on the wheels). I am thinking of going back to the E0s and adding back the jackpoint covers. I also own a brand new set (still in box) of SVT Focus wheels so I may go that way too. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

CJ

index.php

Those are going to be some BRUTAL miles for sure and if you look at the other pic, the one of the engine, it says 5W30 7 quarts, hmmm! I remember years ago when someone posted that Roush, I believe it was them, did a test of the 2.5L and found that the car needed a bit more oil in the engine, like 2/3 of quart of so, guess that explains that pic:shrug:

They are the 5 spoke Focus wheels. I will get some better shots and update the webpage by Saturday with more shots underneath the car and shots of the rollcage. I obviously haven't cleaned the engine bay yet, and put the new SVT plaque on the motor, I am going to try to do that Saturday too. Thanks for the input so far.

Todras, come and check it out sometime, just let me know

IMO: Don't re-paint the car....100% original is the way to go especially since you had it signed by Jack himself.

hmm I took it as it is being repainted yellow and the race stickers would be put back on ....

I can read......:shrug:

I said 100% original.....you repaint and re-decal it(even if you do it exactly like it was) it's no longer original....That paint has 6k miles on it....clean it up good and leave it be!

I can read......:shrug:

I said 100% original.....you repaint and re-decal it(even if you do it exactly like it was) it's no longer original....That paint has 6k miles on it....clean it up good and leave it be!

my mistake, I took original as back to silver frost

Back