• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

some minor stuff i did

dSVTj

CEG'er
i did some interior painting that i finished up recently. i was bored so i decided to snap a few pix and see what you guys thought of it. sorry the pics arent great; it isnt the best camera. theres a lot of glare because its so damn sunny out too. so yeah lemme know what you think....

my car
DSCN2286.jpg

dash/stereo area
DSCN2291.jpg

dont mind the switch dangling down, its my amp shut off i just havent attached it properly yet

drivers side
DSCN2289.jpg

the back doors
DSCN2292-1.jpg

DSCN2290.jpg

around the stereo....
DSCN2293.jpg

oh and my taillights are slightly tinted. they sort of look like they dont match in the pic, but theyre near perfect in person
DSCN2294.jpg

Looks nice but I don't think it wil be there too long. I think it would eventually wear off. Especially on the door.

Nice car but you need some done to the steering wheel. It looks dirty and worn.

Overall its better than mine. :blackeye:

Looks damn good. So does your cartoon version in the GB thread.
I am actually in the process of highlighting the interior of mine also (Black w/ Tan interior so highlights are black).

Looks nice but I don't think it wil be there too long. I think it would eventually wear off. Especially on the door.

Nice car but you need some done to the steering wheel. It looks dirty and worn.

Overall its better than mine. :blackeye:

idk...i clear coated the crap out of it...it may wear off but not for a while (i hope)

sorry if this is a dumb noob question, but what kind of paint did you use for the highlights? it looks damn good and i'm thinking about doing that now.

ok heres what i did:

first, i sanded with 1500 grit. then i put on 3 coats of brite-touch grey primer, let that dry, and then sanded again with 1500. i put on 4 or 5 coats of silver frost duplicolor paint i got from autozone. i let that dry, then hit it with the clear coat.

im glad you guys like it :laugh:

Looks very good.

Another good tip, is wet sanding between clear coats. Gives it that "deep" wet look.

I have wanted to tint my tail lights and center reflector for a long time, but I've been worried about messing up. What did you use, Nite Shades?

When I replaced my headunit I almost wanted to get a Sony just like yours, but when I heard the big sound difference with Pioneer, I had to get that.

Last edited:
I have wanted to tint my tail lights and center reflector for a long time, but I've been worried about messing up. What did you use, Nite Shades?

When I replaced my headunit I almost wanted to get a Sony just like yours, but when I heard the big sound difference with Pioneer, I had to get that.

nite shades and wetsanding. bob (cannondalemtb) helped me out

and my mom bought me the headunit. now i wish id gone pioneer, but i do like the sony a lot. and it looked way cooler than the pioneer of the same price

ok heres what i did:

first, i sanded with 1500 grit. then i put on 3 coats of brite-touch grey primer, let that dry, and then sanded again with 1500. i put on 4 or 5 coats of silver frost duplicolor paint i got from autozone. i let that dry, then hit it with the clear coat.

im glad you guys like it :laugh:

I did some interior stuff on mine several years ago and used about the same process, except I first washed everything thoroughly with dish soap to remove grease, dirt, whatever. 4+ years later still looks great.

yeah i meant to say i washed the stuff too. i kind of thought it was a given lol.

so did you guys do the same thing or any variations? id love to see pix if you have em

Back