• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New baby boy's room (whoring pics)

SPATT

Veteran CEG'er
With baby nicholas on his way to us sometime in the next 3 weeks, I got his room all painted and trimmed out with a few special features. More for me than him, although my 3 y o enjoys it too...
IMG_7443.jpg

IMG_7444.jpg

IMG_7445.jpg

IMG_7446.jpg

That's cool. Good job!
I know a couple who is expecting a son, and they are also doing a train theme (the kid will be named after grandpa, who is a model train enthusiast).

nice work, i your kid is lucky. i always wanted a train track like that around my room :(

me too, that's why it was so worth it. like someone told me though, he has about 2.5 years before he appreciates it as much as bella and i do.

Thanks for all the kind words, this my first attempt at crown and it came out pretty well. Not to mention the bridge engineering.

I was going to do lego trains, but the track comes in boxes of 8 - 5" sections, and for a ~ 12' x 12' room the track alone was $158. Then they're kind of up in the air about whether they're discontinuing 9v trains or not, so i found http://save.9vtrains.com/ and people have posted engine designs that you can buy through Lego LDD. Pretty cool idea, design lego set in 3d software then submit to lego and they'll send it to you in a box and let you download instructions from the web. In any case, with the voltage regulator, motor, track, engine and tender it was going to be $370 for a stubby little train. After I saw that I stopped by Ryders hobby on 13.5 and John R only to find that they're closing in Feb and everything was 20% off! So I got the pennsylvania flyer set with engine, tender, and 3 cars, and about 45' of track for $235. Made the purchase of all that trim from home depot more pallettable.

Also a plug for Lowes Signature paint. That stuff is sludgy and wonderful. 1 coat of primer and 1 of the good stuff and it was perfect. And only a little over 1/2 can to cover the room. Beats that ralph lauren crap any day.

ahhhhhhhhhhhh i always wanted a train set around my room. have some old lionel stuff down stairs where we used to have it set up but cant any more becuase i have car parts out to wazooooooo.

Back