• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

time for paint ...

Tell them Todd said to hurry up. That should make them scurry.:laugh: I want to see finished pics.

Tell them Todd said to hurry up. That should make them scurry.:laugh: I want to see finished pics.

don't worry I will get finished pics, I plan to stop by again today or tomorrow to take more in process pics and go from there ... ****ty thing is the 10 day out look calls for some shows the end of next week and I don't have a garage to keep it in that is close by ... plan is to drive the car for the NE-CEG meet on the 15th then the car goes to my grandmothers condo for storage in the garage (about an hour away from my apartment) for the first 30 days to let the paint set, but by that time it will be time to take the car off the road for the winter ...

Sweet! Its going to look hawt in that color. Are you the first to have svt kit on that color car?

i wish, there was one other but I believe the car was given to his parents or traded in a few years ago ... but he didn't have a mirko and was running E0's ... also don' tthink the car was lowered either ... either way that member isn't active anymore ...

so with FSVT wheels and the mirko I will be unique ...

are you keeping the red accents?

yup, strut bars, and brakes will remain T-Red as well as the plug wires and the Mirko battery tie down ... strut tow caps are aluminum so I might strip the Mirko battery tie down and polish so that it matches the strut tower caps

Your car is going to look very very sharp my friend!

I got my parts back from paint yesterday. 24 hour turn around is the beauty of prepping the stuff yourself I guess, plus being able to toss them in with another job!

Im changing my cars look a bit. . . . Lets just say there is less chrome and reflective material showing now. Plus, the mirko has a real paintjob instead of rattle can (which looked good but chipped like crazy).

not to much more done today ...

DSC02952.JPG

That car is going to look really smooth! And I'm really excited to see the SVT kit in that color.

you better replace teh weatherstripping on that passenger side taillight before you reinstall it.
you left most of it ont he car!
dont want a wet trunk!

Back