• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Anything look wrong in this?

holy frick, i'm almost scared enough to go out in my jammies and retorque my caliper bolts.....

ok not really. I'll do it later.

You mentioned you were working on something with tom...

wow that sucks do you want to see what happened to one of my Ne-0s and an object on the highway? I only have 5 now :( I sent the incident along with a police report and plenty of pics to the state office and I filed a claim. I am going to try and get my moneys worth for the loss of one of my beloved wheels.
BENTRIM.jpg

I am glad you did not hurt the car or yourself first off. We are going to get both set off the front of your car so we can see if the there are stress cracks or a bolt failure. But there are 10.9 with a tensile strength of 150,000 psi but there are alot of factors envolved there. If the bolt was not torqued over stock specs then I would tell everyone to do so. Also make sure you grind the spindle hub to make a good clearance between the spacer and the hub so the bolt is not cocked and won't allow the bracket to face up squarely. DemonSVT has did some serious load test on the brakes and we will take the bolts on his other side and some new bolt and have them stressed tested. We will do anything to help the problem but will not be held responsible for the install or product since the kit is not DOT legal. And Bill we will send you a new kit with all the hardware. If you install it again give me pics of the brackets installed where I can see contact points etc. Thanks Joey

The whole install thing is why I think I'm not going to make tru duals and sell them to people. Being sued over someone's install isn't fun by any means.

The whole install thing is why I think I'm not going to make tru duals and sell them to people. Being sued over someone's install isn't fun by any means.

Ya, I dont plan on sueing them by any means. Its just I am trying to figure out what is happening.

Loctite anyone?

The typical blue loctite isn't reliable on braking components. Working the brakes hard enough can render it useless. Red loctite will work, but is a serious pain to remove later. The blue definately won't hurt to use, but it is no substitute for proper torque on brake fasteners.

Back