• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My vintage Volvo project

i support the satin black with yellow scallops all the way!!!!!

elcamino1sm.jpg

I've gotta get this computer to read .art files - my rat volvo pic (black/yellow) is on my last computer & I wanna post a pic :mad: .

But anyway , I shot a couple pics of my latest aquisitions for the Volvo . First is an old-school gas pedal that my bro picked up at a swap meet for only a couple dollars . He thought it would fit the theme , and it will :
P5270706.jpg

The second is an old aftermarket steering wheel that my friend had on his old 544 Volvo , bought for nearly nothin' . It's beat up , but very comfy :
P5270707.jpg

Looks like it's gonna be a pretty sweet ride. There's a late-60's Volvo (at least that's what it seems to me, it looks the same as this one) that I see from time to time parked at the grocery store that I work at. Next time I see it I will snag a quick cell phone pic of it. It might make you happy :) haha.

so I started to look up some info on that motor.

extremely impressive, 2.0L motor that old with carbs putting down 120 horses.

thats rather shocking.

Cool-lookin' racer right there !

so I started to look up some info on that motor.

extremely impressive, 2.0L motor that old with carbs putting down 120 horses.

thats rather shocking.

They're a very strong , long-running motor , the B-20 . They never really seem to wear out . My last 122 had a pretty hot motor in it - was pretty fun ;) .

Unfortunately, it might be a couple WEEKS before I can get a pic of it...I only see it randomly. But it is red and still has a nice paint job. Great looking condition :).

No hurry - if ya see it , snap a pic . Danke !

Reading this really makes me want to buy a 1958 Edsel 2 door hard top. :shrug:

Tool :troutslap: !!

LOL :D !

Take a look at that thing , would ya :shocked: !! Somehow I can't see ya cruisin' in an old ride like that , but it's cool that you're serious about liking it . All ya gotta do is get one , fix it up & maybe go for a nice , long drive with me :) !

Take a look at that thing , would ya :shocked: !! Somehow I can't see ya cruisin' in an old ride like that , but it's cool that you're serious about liking it . All ya gotta do is get one , fix it up & maybe go for a nice , long drive with me :) !

Different tastes man, I'm into the old ugly cars...I mean look at what I've owned. :laugh:

I'd love to find one someday.

Back