• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The wonderful miracle of Christmas...

ZeroHour

Mod/Salad Tosser
...and how I would like to slap it accross the face.

The Good news: Come the spring I will have alot more free weekends!

The Bad news: (begin rant)

I am so ****ing sick of my produce job @ Giant, that as of Tuesday I will be on two weeks notice. They had my scheduled yet again over a family gathering on a holiday, and again on the closing. Just like my manager tried to do on thanksgiving... Not to mention all the continous frustation of things always being done wrong/not done at all. The job is just too much of stupid frustrations and full of poop for me to stand it any longer.

The thing that pisses me off is that I have come in numerous times to cover their asses (overnights, days off, etc) But god forbid when I need the time off, its a hell fest. My manager was pissed that I needed off before finals week of college! And not to mention I was suppose to get my vacation anyway that week.

AND LAST CHRISTMAS I stayed an hour and 1/4 over because the assisant manager left and did not stay for the closing shift. So I was the one who worked with the other new guy (who had been there for 3 weeks???) so he could actually close up and leave.

Needless to say that the job is a hopeless cause because nothing ever improves and after 2 1/4 years I am glad to be leaving.

(end rant)

Merry Christmas!

Not to be a dick dude, but that's work.
0f6db2689691980af1bb7301ed60bfa8.gif
6f669761e469e199c09fbbe820a7615e.gif

There are plenty of jobs out there similar to that one - go find another . If you actually might like the job , was it not for the management , maybe go to the competition . They might actually have a better outlook on scheduling . You already have the experience !

There ya go - there's a positive spin on it ... go find that job !

Last week i quit my job of over 6years at Wegmans Food Market. I worked in pretty much ever department but i asked for hours over my short 2 week x-mas break and they ddint give me any so i quit.

Fortunately for me I already have another job as a tech support engineer down in MD.

So yeah guys im leaving the NE :(

i work at stuaffuers of kissle hill and they are great if u need off they give it to you i get hours when i want and i get to keep paying off my car yeah!!

I have very flexible hours. I actually took off half of last thursday to build a computer ;0

I told them thursday at lunch that I was taking the rest of the day off, lol.

My advice to you: Get a skill that makes you valuable and they won't treat ya like ****.

Not to be a dick dude, but that's work.
0f6db2689691980af1bb7301ed60bfa8.gif
6f669761e469e199c09fbbe820a7615e.gif

Not to be a dick also, but I'm going to have to agree. Work usually sucks no matter what. Very few people can say they have a great job that they love going to everyday. I thought I found the perfect job and later found it to be the worst job ever. Thankfully it was just an internship.

I have very flexible hours. I actually took off half of last thursday to build a computer ;0

I told them thursday at lunch that I was taking the rest of the day off, lol.

My advice to you: Get a skill that makes you valuable and they won't treat ya like ****.

I'm in college for Industrial Physics, possibly changing to a mech engineering...

But I could fill a list of all that crap that has happened with this store. It is the manager/management. He knows, after we've talked numerous times, I'll work anytime on the holiday except for when my family has plans. And yeah I know I'm expected to work the holiday...I didn't want the day off. I was suppose to be a on a morning shift. He just plugs people into the schedule even if he's told we've requested off. And this crap happens every holiday. The schedule is never right and half the people end up calling off. And I am always there for my holiday shifts. Even on News Years morning at 6 am :)mad:), and the overnight I've worked on other holidays. Its always an uphill battle with this place. And good foribid I might want to spend Christmas with my family...

Trust me I've done plenty of good deeds while I've been there. I am always willing to go out of the way for customers, and I do what I am asked to do. It was alot better when I started, but the place has just gone to a ****hole IMO.

Last edited:
I work at Giant also and i must say that it can suck. I was hired as a cashier and i wasnt trained to be on until almost two months later which meant i was bagging and pushing carts the whole time. Bagging isnt bad but when i get stuck out on carts for 7+ hours a day, well that just sucks. Then i was trained and all but i was still scheduled for doing carts. I really was about to quit but i need the money so i didnt. Ive been on register most of the time now though. I think they like me there because they always have me work late and yesterday i was the only cashier there to help them close. (We were closed today.) I always try to do a little extra to get noticed and the only lady that works their appreciates me atleast. Then again i do work with a bunch of cheerleaders so i cant complain about that either.

I cant blame you for quitting. You could find a better job easily most likely. I bet that they are going to miss you considering you did a lot of extra for them. I cant wait for them to try and schedule me when im on vacation. I wont even be able to check the schedule because i leave before it comes out. Not my problem.

Yeah our front end has a few cuties on it too. lol Its great when they come back to produce they have no freakin clue what stuff is (star fruit, kiwis(lol yes), figs, etc).

But sometime this morning I'm stopping in to give them my two weeks notice. Our HR person probably won't be there until after 830...and then I'm going to see if I can get new years day off before my manager knows I put in my two week notice. Figured if he likes to dick with my schedule, I might as well mess with him one time before I go.

And besides, I already have two other jobs I'll be a returning lab assistant once I am at ESU in the spring. And right now I'm continueing my summer internship for the winter break. And there is 95% chance I will be back there this summer.

Working any kind of retail can certainly :censored:. Been there, done that. :crazy:
At least you have another job lined up and you are giving your notice to get out.

I've had scheduling issues at work before and sometimes they're more than willing to accommodate changes to the schedule and other times its like pulling teeth. We usually end up getting things sorted out. I work for Dick's Sporting Goods as a bike technician. I was going to leave to go to circuit city about 6 months ago and they offered me a big raise to stay and give me plenty of hours during the summer. Being a bike tech has its perks like that, but, I also almost always get stuck working weekends.

Brett, when are you leaving?? We should set up a meet pretty soon to get everyone together before you take off...

Brett, when are you leaving?? We should set up a meet pretty soon to get everyone together before you take off...

Im leaving super early on the second. Let me know ify our down for something. Right now im seriously thinking about putting a offer in for Y2KSVT's car... It would be nice to see contours in their glory and not my POS for a change. Lol.

Saying Im not a good home. LOL j/k if it still for sale after ive paid off some more bills i will def buy it. Right now i need to make sure i like work and pay some bills before i make a major purchase liek this.

Back