• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

It's begun...

busy busy josh. too much for any normal human to handle, that's for sure! have fun, see you soon!

As of last night the 65mm TB is completely done and ready to install....If my special box isn't here today tonight's list will be:

Mount the new battery
Mount TB to UIM
Install rear stainless lines, flush rear system with new fluid
Install new rear GC collar
Install new end links on tubular suspension arms.

The new battery and mount are the hotness....really clean up the engine bay, Buttonpuncher is coming to the shop tomorrow to help wire it all up nice and neat. My UK box didn't come today so it should be here tomorrow or I'm making some very loud phone calls.

~Josh

Turning the key TONIGHT :shocked:

Just got back from the shop, have to thread out of town for a couple hours then it's back to the shop to get the engine done tonight.

Ran into one fairly major problem today but we got it all sorted out before it was time to head out.

My parts from the UK fit like a glove :cool:

Big thanks to Mike for all the help and Ben for wiring up the engine bay!

Josh:

young-frankenstein.jpg

Me:

igor.gif

I've got one thing to do this morning and that's fix the throttle hang it's got. Considering all i've done to this motor at once I'm shocked this is the only bump i've hit.

Then I et to drive it. Once I get past the 3800 RPM mark she's NUTS. Idle is very intimidating too now with the new exhaust.

~Josh

Still getting the throttle hang, I'll be trying a different size hole later today or maybe tomorrow. Car feels strong, but I think it's going to take a night at GLD to see if it's really going to stay like it is. Low end power is non existent but if the top end is open enough to make up for it I'll be happy.

Still getting the throttle hang, I'll be trying a different size hole later today or maybe tomorrow. Car feels strong, but I think it's going to take a night at GLD to see if it's really going to stay like it is. Low end power is non existent but if the top end is open enough to make up for it I'll be happy.
Kind of like VTEC?:laugh:

Spent the day detailing the engine bay and finalizing a few things. As much as it sucks i think i might have to pass on Gingerman unless by some miracle we get my stainless lines, new fluid and new end links on in time.

~Josh

Back