• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

A new season and another video of Harold's SC300!

beyondloadedSE

Hard-core CEG'er
Its a new track season, so that basically means Hal is going to be racing at the track every weekend. :D Harold swapped out his 3 speed TH400 for a 2 speed powerglide during the offseason since 2nd gear kept going out on him. He raced at Clay City Street Car Nationals this last weekend and the track was prepped absolutely terrible since most of the cars were on street tires. Nobody was even there hosing down the track in the burnout box so his friend had to do it. :nonono: He broke his current world record of a 9.47 with a 9.38 @ 147 fish tailing down the the whole track. His best trap to date is 155 mph. Id imagine he'll see 8s very soon. ;)

http://media.turbo6.net/.3.25.07 kyhorsepower/Hal938147.wmv

Jesus, Jim!!!! You weren't kidding when you said he was fishtailing THE ENTIRE LENGTH OF THE TRACK!! :shocked: I can honestly say that I wouldn't want to ride in that car under those conditions! Just nutty!!

Mark

holy crap thats fast

where are the old vids?

on his website.... www.turbo6.net

Yeah, it is pretty scary riding in the car. I know even when he just put the T-88 on before going back to his old T-67 (current setup) we took it out for a spin and even surging terribly and at 30 psi the back end just floats. But after you come back to reality, you just think...man that car is just rowdy! :D Yeah, he definetely needs more rubber and definetely needs a solid axle but thats as good as he can do the stock rear end. Looks like Toyota over engineered that stock rear end Id say if it can withstand that much power. :ponder:

cool car. too slow though. :D

Well, he is co-owner of Injected Performance now...I hear they have a 7-8 sec drag radial 350Z in the works. ;)

Im not sure what he plans on doing with the rear end. Im guessing hes leaving it the same. If the track is prepped decently, he hooks pretty well. I mean, even Markos old supra that ran mid 8s used the stock rear end. I believe Ryan Woons does as well.

Aww it does have a single turbo im use to most of them twin. One lives down the street has twin turbo realy fast! But thats cleary a single turbo my bad. LOL

Back