• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Cant Pass Emissions Testing

imnotacop420

Squire of Awesome
Hey guys

So the SVT has a cel on and I am giving off too much carbon minoxide to pass the emissions test. The maximum rating is .45 and I am at 1.23. I took it to auto zone, the code is P1131. The person at autozone blammed it on my cold air intake. I have the kkm intake and the BAT intake pipe, but I dont think that really has anything to do with it.

Any idea's/suggestions, so I can pass and get my sticker? Or does anyone know what the P1131 code is?

Thanks!!!!

[FONT=arial,verdana,helvetica,sans-serif]P1131[/FONT][FONT=arial,verdana,helvetica,sans-serif]Lack of Upstream Heated Oxygen Sensor Switch - Sensor Indicates Lean - Bank No. 1. [/FONT]

seems you need a new O2 sensor ...

..yeah, you'll be cussing (and bleeding) by the time you're done....

Steve

bloody knuckles.......my favorite!

just found out my GF's dad gets a nice discount (50%) at NAPA, so thats where I will be stopping on my way home.
Not a big fan of NAPA, but I cant pass up the price!!!!

OMG, WTF, PITA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow, so I got the socket on the sensor, wrench on the socket, and theres no room to turn the damn thing??????
I just got back from sears and picked up a long 7/8 inch wrench but it rubs on the back of the intake manifold and wont go all the way on to the sensor......
sooooooo, its time to read through this how to again.........need to get to work in the morning somehow

Disconnect the battery. Remove the nuts that hold the megafuse to it's mounts. Use a crowbar to hold the megafuse toward the firewall. Use the newly created gap for the wrench. Cuss some more......

You get the idea...

Steve

You know with a CE light on the engine goes into default mode and pig runs rich right? Don't ignore CE lights people.

well with the 'right' tools its not that bad of a job. I had a buddy stop over with a socket wrench that has an adjustable head, got that SOB off in no time with that......so I just went out and bought my own :) CEL off and emissions test passed!!!!!

Thanks for the help guys!

Back