• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Euro spec MTX75

99 svt

CEG'er
I am about to buy a Euro spec MTX 75 transaxle from BAT and I was wondering if anyone has had any trouble with them during the installation or everyday use. I plan on throwing in a torsen lsd as well.

theres nothing wrong with them at all. the man Terry haines has said they are built better than our US ones. but why not just get one from Terry? and send your old one back for core charge. then you have a well built trans. you can also have him install a LSD and then you wont have the taller gears in the UK spec one. terry is the one that installs LSD's and such on the BAT trans.

why dont you email terry and talk with him about your options:
Haines Motor Sports Inc is in Michigan,
Just use THIS e mail:-
secondline@ameritech.net

Last edited:
Mtx75

Mtx75

Does he have a website? I like the taller gears. I do a lot of driving, 15-20,000 miles a year, and the fuel savings would be nice. My old tranny is dead, either the dif or the gears went out on it. Whould that still work for the core?

he dose but its not updated and theres nothing on it. but go register on fordcontour.org and post in Knowledgebase "ask terry" but yes your old shot tranny will be your core.

Wish someone would buy my core. I'll take 15 minutes over to terry's and he can rebuilt it an put an LSD in. A lot cheaper than BAT. The BAT trans goes to Terry for the LSD install anyways.

Also has anyone ordered one from BAT? How are they with customer service and shipping?
Service was ok / good. The guy answering the phone didn't seem to know much, but the guy with the British accent (surprise! the B in BAT) was helpful. Oddly, the transmission is obvoiusly a Ford product, but all the Ford ovals cast into the parts have been peened or ground off. Also, some of the mouting points have been ground down, I'm assuming, to fit contour specs. They come well packaged in a giant rubbermaid container with the lid bolted down. At 116lbs. it was just "light" enough for one person to manage. The poor DHL delivery guy had to lug it up 5 steps to my front porch.
I do drive a lot on ND interstates (75 mph limit) so the taller gears will be a bonus. It is being installed now, so I can't comment on its functionality yet.....

Mtx 75

Mtx 75

How long did it take for you to get it, and how much was shipping? I am hoping to order tomorrow at lunchtime.

Back