• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

stuck at work!

stickyjazz

CEG'er
98 contour se v6 atx 167km

Just had both front control arms replaced which took care of several suspension related problems. I understand that the mech had to lift the tranny couple inches and also drop the subframe couple inches to remove a couple bolts.

Today, I have electrical probs. I have lost function of turn signal, fan and relay that moves the shift lever when brake is depressed. Symptom that I experienced when problem started was buzzing sound from shroud around sterring column when trying to use turn sig or 4 ways.

Lights, radio, dome light, 4 ways, brake lights still work.

Any ideas?? I would love to get home without having to get a tow if possible.

Last edited:
ok so you think that there is no coincidence between the repair and this prob?

What could account for all 3 problems at once?
Sigh. I hope they did not accidentally mess up the wiring harness. They is no way you can stick this on them as the wiring harness could look good one day and then a few days later have flaking insulation. I know, from experience, a few days ago. :blackeye:

if they had to move the harness at all it could have messed it up. i had to replace mine after i did my alt cause when i moved the harness all the insul. medded up and i had bare wires everywhere. (but no recall for 98:shrug:)

Mega fuse isnt cool sometimes. it gave me trouble along with my harness. but mine broke lol. Glad to see ya got it fixed!

Back