• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Oh the humanity

69Boss302

Has mile high skills
Time for a new stereo and a new CD. The only slightly annoying part is that I had a new cd in the stereo from Fools and Horses. Check them out at www.foolsandhorses.net

At least this wasn't at my place but kinda in the upper class ghetto near FedEx Field. meh, oh well. Nothing else at all was taken or really even touched. Maybe because the alarm went off?

The jokes is kinda on them though. The headunit I had in there has a flip around face that will not unlock if stolen. Or at least it's not supposed to anyway.

And yes, I've already got another type of alarm and security system in mind in case it ever happens again.

DC044.jpg

DC040.jpg

DC041.jpg

DC043.jpg

DC042.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, they tore that cover apart.

Your lucky they didnt really mess up the car too bad.

Hopefully insurance will pay for it.

no, that's someone else's car.

And yes it was freshly painted too. meh, it's all good. I'll fix it and be good as new. I have a $500 deductible so anything over that will get covered. The trim, glass, run channel and repaint will be between $5 - 600. The stereo, when new about 5 years ago, was about $500. I can't remember the model # though it was the second from the top Kenwood Excelon.

That sucks. Hope it gets back together asap. BTW, Prince George's county?

yup, PG county, one of the nations best. The cops that came out were really cool and no BS like others usually are. They also advised my friend that because of other things going on around where she is, that she was unaware of, she should look at moving. Basically, "whitey don't belong" is the underlying theme.

I always thought about installing those mini security cameras in my domelight when I was thinking about a system install. Target uses them and you can't even see them when you're staring at them. Just a pinhole in the wall.

I always thought about installing those mini security cameras in my domelight when I was thinking about a system install. Target uses them and you can't even see them when you're staring at them. Just a pinhole in the wall.

The big thing I've noticed with those is that the very few systems that have that, the images are stored on board. Plus, almost anything like that is put together by piecemeal. I did find one that sends it to a remote but it's only a snap shot at the time the alarm is triggered. Ideally it should have about 30 seconds streaming video or multiple stills and transmitted to a remote and/or cell phone via media messaging or similar technology.

yup, PG county, one of the nations best. The cops that came out were really cool and no BS like others usually are. They also advised my friend that because of other things going on around where she is, that she was unaware of, she should look at moving. Basically, "whitey don't belong" is the underlying theme.

Lol! I recall my first ride through PG county on the Metro when I was interning at the NIH in Bethesda. The red line was really amazing...then as I got onto the green line and closer to CP...lol! I was like what am I doing back in Detroit?!? From Rolex to Ole' in less than ten mins!

Yeah, PG looked pretty strong in minorities. Exactly like Detroit w/hispanics in place of our Arabs. Needless to say, I matched right in. Man, I miss the Metro and that place Wawa w/their $1 subs, friggin' amazing.

Yeah, I was scared parking my car every night in CP, but fortunately nothing happened. Best of luck fixing her up.

been there done that got the tshirt
when they stole the stereo out of my truck it didn't even have the face plate because it was in my bedroom

i woke up in the morning trying to put the face on the stereo to go to work and it was gone they didn't break a window because the 77 f-150 had eeasy acces vents

Eye for an eye!!!!! Find the ******* and cut his head off!! Or is it his hand? Noooo, I like cutting their head off better!!

Mark

Back