• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

High Tower Help

WHEELSPIN

CEG'er
Ok so I was going to high tower my headlights this week, but I went to home depot to buy the silicone and I couldn't find anything that saidanything about RTV. Can someone please tell exactly which brand to buy and where to get it? Thanks everyone.

Ok so I was going to high tower my headlights this week, but I went to home depot to buy the silicone and I couldn't find anything that saidanything about RTV. Can someone please tell exactly which brand to buy and where to get it? Thanks everyone.

Auto zone or Advanced auto etc..Black RTV High temp

go to an autoparts store
its called permatex (thats the brand) comes in a black squeeze tube

Make sure they're sealed well. Between the two lights just should have used up the tube. I made that mistake and now i have to reseal one of them. :nonono: I hope they're not too hard to re-open with that high temp silicone on there.:nonono:

clamps of sometype or ratchet straps. i had niether and just used two leather belts per headlights:shrug:

just so you guys know, baking open the headlights a second time after using hi-temp rtv is simple. soooo much easier than opening them the first time

first time you have to bake or cut open the lights.

second time... i don't know. if you cut them open first time then you just use a box cutter and it goes easy. now if they were baked open then i would think you would have to bake again??

Back