• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Nos?

and everything turned out to be fine. He didn't blow anything?

He shot glowing red peices of his motor out his exhuast on the dyno at SZ07...

And I find it funny that you plan on doing nitrous and swapping in a SVT motor, but you cant figure out how to take off your UIM to paint it?!?!

i ran nitrous for over a year on my contour, with 140k starting and 174k when i blew it up. it ran very well. i started at a 35 shot and once i got the system working well i went up to a 75 shot. after that i put in the 100 shot and ran that for most of last year and all this spring. i would run it again, just keep in mind that you need a fairly free flowing exhaust, a decent intake system, and a tip top shape ignition system. i would recommend a tune and a wideband 02 if you are going to run a big jet.

with any 2.5L personally i would recommend a 75 shot after working your way up. it will snap hard, improve your track times, and not empty a bottle too fast. any more than that, i would get a 3L with the good pistons at least....

start at 35, make sure the kit works. jump up to a 50, and realize its weak. then put in 75 shot jets and have fun. just make sure you always run premium fuel, and you have colder plugs installed.

they run different heat ranges. the number code on teh plug is the heat range.

example

NGK's part number for a copper core plug (standard plug) is TR6 (contour stocker)

the 3L is recommended to run a TR55

in my car i believe i ran TR5 plugs (would be 1 step colder than a stock 2.5L)

Back