• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

ZingFest Autox

jaged

Veteran CEG'er
All righty, had a board meeting with the Indiana Northwest Region guys tonight and we decided on a $20/person cost (cash/check) for the Saturday autox event. there will be an INR novice school going on at the same time, but it will only be 10 drivers.

Format is going to be like a test and tune. there will be 4 heats in total A/B and then A/B again, so you will get 2 different shots at the course. for those that participate, you will be given a discount for the INR event that is on Sunday.

Registration and tech are going to be from 8-9, we can get most of this done at the hotel the night before. novice walk at 915, driver meeting at 10 and then its game on. if you are not driving you will be working. im sure we will come up with some kind of award for fastest car of the day.

Soooooo whos interested
1. jaged
2. b3nn3tt
3. nadthomas
4. black tilly
5. blu fuz
6. azbob

all righty people, times getting close who else is going to join in on the autox? even if youve never done this before there are several of us who have done it in the past. I will be doing a novice walk before the day starts, and doing an autox "School" friday night

I'm looking forward to this too. Its a good way for people to learn the limits of their car in a residential situation.

and i will add that I believe that it is actually harder than road racing. you might not see the speeds you do in road racing, but each thing you do affects the next 2-3 elements on course.

youve got parts to fix it lol

i have some kuhmo v710 in 245/40/16 if anyone wants to get them to use for the trackday/autox. if you do both they will probably be dead, but theyve got a season of autox left on them. there is a discount tire nearby that can mount them, and actually have a set of stockers that ill throw in. $100 for the bunch

^ good idea Jaged.

I also have a set of E0s with tires mounted on them that someone can burn up on the track. Nothing pretty, but shoot me $50 and you can have the wheels and tires. I'll bring them down with me for anyone interested.

Back