• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

zetec tach

got a cluster with tach in, and works.
Does anybody know how to roll back the mileage showing? The cluster I got had 20xxx something more?

I hear suggestions of rolling the counter over 99,999 km and starting all over again. Does anybody know how to do that, or anybody who can do it?

your best bet is to remove the face from your original speedo/odometer and install the face from the new gauge cluster on it. you then have to put the needle back on and to get it accurate you have to go drive it, set the cruise and either calculate how fast you are actually going or use a GPS to tell you. then stick the needle on the gauge at that speed.

i gaurantee it does. i did it myself

you have to take the plastic face off the old one and put the new face on the old speedo. the assembly behind the face is the same size on both just the face itself is bigger on the non-tach versions

you have to take the plastic face off the old one and put the new face on the old speedo. the assembly behind the face is the same size on both just the face itself is bigger on the non-tach versions

except!

you are forgetting the fact that the design behind the Clusters is different for some years.

On the older 'tours, the speedo is held in by a couple of bolts and 3 pins connect to the cluster and into the harness, on the newer ones 99 and up, its a pin strip thats connected via a strip of wires, and those are NOT interchangeable

Ford put to much money into changing ****.

hmm... I didn't think they'd be the same size.. I guess i should have done that when I switched mine but the speedo plate itself looked alot bigger.

got a cluster with tach in, and works.
Does anybody know how to roll back the mileage showing? The cluster I got had 20xxx something more?

I hear suggestions of rolling the counter over 99,999 km and starting all over again. Does anybody know how to do that, or anybody who can do it?

You have to swap over the odometer number thing. I don't know how but it has been done before. I just left mine alone since it shows less mileage than it actually has.:crazy:

Back