• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Zetec Engine REmoval

JoeM

Veteran CEG'er
Ive got most everything i need now to do it. Including an engine, complete with wiring Hardness and all accessories... hehe. It also came with a junk tranny... any one need an Auto tragic Core?

Any one wanna come over and give me a hand?

I will prolly be working on it most nights this up coming week. i havent decided if i wanna drop the subframe, or just pull it out the top (I Have a cherry Picker).

IF any one wants to come out during the week let me know. It's hard to get motivated to work on it, when no one else is there to hang with.

Otherwise for sure this upcoming weekend i will have to work on it. Need to make room to get the SVT in and Engine Pulled.

I live in St Paul, About 1/2 mile south of 3M

Joe

Going back in 12/25-12-27!

Give me a call or shoot me a pm here
651-757-5020

Last edited:
If I lived closer I would definitely be interested in helping. But alas I am almost 200 miles away. :(

:laugh:

Come out Friday night? your welcome to stay.

Tonight I am doign a :censored::censored::censored::censored: ton on the 98 Taurus i have, Cuz Misfires irk the hell out of me.all in all, it is getting New Coil Pack, PLug wires (did plugs about 2 months ago) Fuel Rail, Injectors, Fuel Filter.. Ill see how she runs after that. Then i am going to cleanup the garage some.

Tomorrow i am going get the 95 up on stands, maybe work on pulling the half shafts, disconnecting exhaust/Tranny linkage/wiring harness... Basically Anything i can. Friday will be the Go at it night where i would like to PULL the engine Tranny, attach the good tranny to the new motor i bought and drop it all back in. I think thats the hardest part is getting through that. I have 1 maybe for friday, so if any one else wants to come.... Garage WILL be Heated! Prolly fire up the grill too!

Well its not really official yet. But my birthday is on saturday and me and my friend wanna come down to the cities for a day or two. I would come down on friday after work and stay till sunday with my cousin in New Hope. Maybe not that long but we will see. I still have to ok it with my cousin if I can stay with him..LOL.. Im sure he wont have a problem though. Ill let ya know for sure.:cool:

Shoot me a call if you come over. Plenty of Standing Room. If your Staying, your welcome to drink. Will have the Grill ready as well.

Ok,well I guess my plans are scratched. My nephew is sick and a friend form Oklahoma just popped into town. I really wanted to come down though.

Sadly this car should net 15-1700 :shrug:

its clean, straight economical and in great shape. Low miles too.

I got my 95 SE with 120K miles on it in extreamly mint shape 3 years ago for $1900 and my SVT a year ago for $2000. I wouldn't see it going for more than $1000.

I got my 95 SE with 120K miles on it in extreamly mint shape 3 years ago for $1900 and my SVT a year ago for $2000. I wouldn't see it going for more than $1000.
Thats what you payed elraido..But 99% of the market doesnt know what these cars are REALLY worth. People are stupid :laugh: . He may get $2000

Back