• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

yup

Great - drop off car to get alignment and 2 new tires, pickup car and now it pulls hard to the left under acceleration. Didn't do that when I dropped it off, so up on the lift it goes... I've got some broken tabs off the block and the transmission isn't staying put anymore... :shocked:

That is nice, sure am glad I just replaced all 3 CV shafts, both lower control arms, both knuckles, both tie rod ends and both front tires... :nonono::cry:

Come on, think about it.... Bagged 80's ranger with a turbo diesel :cool: Throw a nice new paint job on it and some 20s :drool:

Small "FYI" for ya Tony....20's on a I-Beam Ranger doesn't work. Anything bigger than an 18 needs a Toyota front clip....but yes, 80's ranger on 20's is extra sweet! :cool:

someone on TCCA just picked one of those up in wagon form with the 3.0 and the 5 speed he seems to like it alot being that he has csvt's and they are really close he said he feels right at home

The X-type 5-speeds are pretty rare and even more rare in the 3.0L. Try finding a 3.0L 5 speed with a sport package for a decent price. Last time I checked there was maybe 3 or 4 in the US listed on Autotrader. :(

i found a 3L sport 5spd with 54k when i was still working and went to buy it right on the spot. it was british racing green with tan interior. was sold when i got there :(

oh and it was only 5800 bucks!!!!!!!!!!!!! (book i think was 10k)

Back