• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Yuck!! Winter storm warning

Weather like this makes me happy I have a 4wd chipped diesel :)

We got 6+ inches here in fort,schools closed but not work. The joys of working in a machine shop that makes parts for Harley Davidson. In the last 8 years of working I've never got out of going to work because of weather. Must be nice to get days off because of bad weather.

Thats why I'm glad I could put the SVT away for the winter. I would think driving an SVT in the snow would take all the fun out of driving it :shrug: My SE just has less hp and doesn't look as cool as an SVT. Besides, I'm glad I don't have to drive MTX in the winter with some of the people we have around here. I need to focus all my attention on the road and not what gear I'm in :laugh:

I remember hitting an early snow in the CSVT when it was stilled slammed on the yok's. It sped up when i tried to brake...YAHOO!!!!! Nothing like getting better traction bajaing through someones lawn!

Dude did you already smoke the clutch !?!?!?!?!?!?! Holy crap let the clutch out then give'rrr God damn everytime I hear you have another problem iwth her I wonder if I should have sold it.

I remember hitting an early snow in the CSVT when it was stilled slammed on the yok's. It sped up when i tried to brake...YAHOO!!!!! Nothing like getting better traction bajaing through someones lawn!

Dude did you already smoke the clutch !?!?!?!?!?!?! Holy crap let the clutch out then give'rrr God damn everytime I hear you have another problem iwth her I wonder if I should have sold it.
Yea tony, the clutch is slipping. It didn't feel that strong when I bought it. I also didn't have that much experience with a clutch b4 I bought it (the only experience I did have was with Blkout and a couple SVT's that I test drove) That is the only problem I have had with it since I bought it that I may have caused. The wheel bearing and the sway bar bracket were toast when I bought it. :idea: I have taken damn good care of this car since I bought it, which inlcudes not bajaing through someones lawn :blackeye: It will get some work done to it this winter: A spec stage 1, Some goodies in the engine bay including a rebuild of the UIM/LIM and a tranny rebuild by TH. It will also be getting a Roush rear sway bar and a Koni sport kit. I don't want to hear anymore crap about you shouldn't have sold it to me. :nonono::rolleyes: BTW, also won 3rd place in one of the 2 car shows I was in this year :cool:

Love the SVT in the snow even more. They are great w/o an LSD but amazing with one. LSD plus snow tires + SVTF brakes = traction and stopping power! Tried to do an ebrake slide. Car comes to a sideways halt. LOL! Big difference than all seasons. Only downside is noisy snow tires. Must just be the kind I have though and I only notice when I come to a complete stop below 25 mph.

hahhaa.. nice!

I think Frosty should just buy that stage 3 clutch from me!

it seems like the SVT just has too damned much power when there is snow on the ground.. I like the ability of downshifting instead of braking though...

I've never had a car with ABS before but damn, the SVT seems REALLY touchy if you slide in any way even the littlest amount.

I think there is 12 or 14 inches here in the lake of crystals............
SA400092.jpg

SA400091.jpg

I didn't go anywhere, colleen took my blazer. What a sweet storm!

you know whats odd. my csvt with the stock diff isnt that bad. i had one tire on ice and one not. and both tires were spinning a little. i was like WTF! how is that possible

I found this kind of interesting...last night it rained sleet and I never went out to move my car, so this morning I went outside to go to school and my car was one giant icicle. :laugh: I wanted to take a pic but I had no camera and my camera on my phone doesn't work all that well. But it took me quite a bit of time to scrape the ice off all the windows. I just found that kind of funny.

Its days like these that I'm happy I live less than a mile from work.

Its days like these when I enjoy our 60* weather.

Sorry, had to rub it in. I hope you guys stay safe up there.

When it sleets .000001 inches here in Texas most everyone here goes crazy and starts flipping their cars.

I lived in Illinois for 3 years, so I know what yall are going through.

Stay Warm

we ended up with 17 inches in that storm here in Kenosha. We got the worst of it all :-( I had the Prix that day since the 'Tour has been out of order... I worked 3rd shift that day so i watched the storm from the start

Yea tony, the clutch is slipping. It didn't feel that strong when I bought it. I also didn't have that much experience with a clutch b4 I bought it (the only experience I did have was with Blkout and a couple SVT's that I test drove) That is the only problem I have had with it since I bought it that I may have caused. The wheel bearing and the sway bar bracket were toast when I bought it. :idea: I have taken damn good care of this car since I bought it, which inlcudes not bajaing through someones lawn :blackeye: It will get some work done to it this winter: A spec stage 1, Some goodies in the engine bay including a rebuild of the UIM/LIM and a tranny rebuild by TH. It will also be getting a Roush rear sway bar and a Koni sport kit. I don't want to hear anymore crap about you shouldn't have sold it to me. :nonono::rolleyes: BTW, also won 3rd place in one of the 2 car shows I was in this year :cool:

NO offense and all but how could you tell it didn't feel strong? Being that its an oem clutch and all its not gonna have much pedal effort. When the pedal starts getting stiff or spongy thats when you worry. Or at least thats what i've experienced. Like I said the wheel bearing I had no idea about because I couldn't hear it til I put the stock exhaust on. Anyone with headers and full exhaust can agree with me on that one you can't hear **** but the motor. I would have fixed the sway bar bracket but i'm lazy.

Go take it for a ride in the snow with bald yokahamas and see how well it stops and turns. You'll be pleasantly surprised it doesn't at all.:)

I'll talk all the crap I want because I can. That car was a labor of hate and love for me. So please don't tell me not to talk ****....becasue everyone in sewiceg knows I'll talk it here and in person like I always do. have a nice day.

Back