• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Your Ideal "R Code" Contour

TourEnvy

Hard-core CEG'er
I thought about this last night while un-covering the 'tour with 2 feet of snow. SVT made a series of vehicles with enhanced apperance and performance as we all know. But back in 1993 they started pushing it a bit further with "race ready" R code Cobra SVT. Now this carried through in 1995 and 2000. My question is, If SVT furthered their line of "race ready" vehicles, what would the Contour SVT R look like and have in and on it? Lets be realistic as possible and use the Cobra as an example.

Ill start with an couple items thats pretty staight forward.

1. Stereo (Speaker) Delete. (The Subaru WRX STi had this as well IIRC w/ stereo as an option)
2. Rear Seat Delete.

1. "Arrest Me Red" with BLACK interior
2. Reconfigured Side skirt with cut out.
3. Duel Side exiting Exhaust. Single tip 3"

Full PRT tubular suspension
Koni\GC
rear seat delete
sound deadening delete
Sparco seats w/ 4-pt harness
3L w/ LSD and reliable EWP
Larger brakes
Headers and full exhaust

Basically......what my car will be on 08

alot of good ideas above, but i think SVT would make it to look like the ST200, lol.................

with obvious additions as listed above

3. Recaro seats
hehe we got them as standed on the 200 :p

DSC00047.jpg

Full PRT tubular suspension

So, when did you get your Q1? lol.

Realistically, it would have gone something like this:

No sunroof
Rear seat delete
Manual windows
3L w/ SVT cams and Mondy ST220 intake manifold
17" wheels w/ BFG KD tires
larger brakes, front and rear. 2-piston sliders in front and single piston slider in the back
larger oil cooler
mondeo 6 spd or MTX-75 w/ torsen

And fwiw, at one point, there almost was a "competition package" for the SVT Focus, but it got shot down by upper management.

And fwiw, at one point, there almost was a "competition package" for the SVT Focus, but it got shot down by upper management.

Boy, that would have been something. I'd love seeing race-prepped SVT Foci duking it out with ACR Neons, or even a Focus-only series like what Mazda's doing now with the Miatas.

i see no sunroof.
no rear opening doors ie delete rear doors.
no rear seat.
mounting for harnesses.
no airbags.
plexi rear window.
18inch wheels
dual piston front brakes with focus size rotors front and rear.
recardo seats with harness openings.
tuned suspension( i mean actually tuned or tunable)
front strut bar.
a motor putting out 250+. Dont care how as long as its not nitrous
6 speed with lsd.
21mm rear sway bar

Well with everyone saying rear seat delete, rear doors would be pretty useless. A cougar 'r' would be more practical if that was done.

I would just like a little different body things, 3L, 6 speed w/ lsd, stiffer suspension, different exhaust. And some smart weight removal that really doesn't affect the usefulness of the car or the look.

Following in the spirit of the 2000R Id think Rara has it pretty to the T.

My altered list of what I think it would have come with (not a wish list)
No sunroof
Rear seat delete
Manual windows
3L w/ SVT cams and SVT intakes
17" wheels w/ BFG KD tires
larger brakes, front and rear. 2-piston sliders in front and single piston slider in the back (the last half is mumbo jumbo to me... but deff for the larger part!)
larger (seperate) oil cooler
MTX-75 w/ torsen
Revised exhaust (different resonator maybe)

It would be cool to see it come out white w/ blue interior like the Sn95 cobra R's.

Back