• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

You call that a port job??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pole120

Addicted CEG'er
So, been prepping the 3L i pulled from NewSVT's car(he bought it this way) to drop into Ginger. Well, his car has been by far the wort, hacked-together POS build i've ever seen....and it's not the first by the builder i've laid my hands on and been less than impressed with. Among all the other issues, this was the piss-poor excuse of a port job, that is talking me all of maybe an hour to correct and do properly....what a waste.

Injector bosses were practically done with an aluminum-eating beaver....and the back end of the ports were hardly touched....just had to share.

Picture004-4.jpg

Picture002-2.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Wowsers! Don't you just love seeing other CEGers work? LOL! They come from out of nowhere and everyone starts praising them. Then you see the work they do. :help:

i don't even think that injector slot is big enough for the gas to get out without hitting the edge lol, that car must not have run all that good.

FIRST off I wouldnt go running off at the mouth about something b4 you get your facts straight............ That motor was installed in that car by a CEGer YES and an extremely kick ass one at that............
SECOND off the motor wasnt done/built by that CEGer it was already done and built by a damn FORD DEALER!
All the CEGer did was move the motor from the black POS SVT it was in to the NICE T-red body that the PO purchased to use since the other car had been wrecked and iirc had a salvage title.............. I'll search for links to posts to prove my point if it is a needed!
Hope you dont slip in all the :censored::censored::censored::censored: spewing from your mouth:nonono:

FIRST off I wouldnt go running off at the mouth about something b4 you get your facts straight............ That motor was installed in that car by a CEGer YES and an extremely kick ass one at that............
SECOND off the motor wasnt done/built by that CEGer it was already done and built by a damn FORD DEALER!
All the CEGer did was move the motor from the black POS SVT it was in to the NICE T-red body that the PO purchased to use since the other car had been wrecked and iirc had a salvage title.............. I'll search for links to posts to prove my point if it is a needed!
Hope you dont slip in all the :censored::censored::censored::censored: spewing from your mouth:nonono:

that port job is hardly enough to even give the injector room to spray. i don't care who did what its not good enough.

that port job is hardly enough to even give the injector room to spray. i don't care who did what its not good enough.
That isn't the point I am trying to make here. Trying to throw blame on someone for work they didnt do is utter and complete BS and I don't think it is right at all. My links show who "built" the motor so that is enough said for me. Now Sean's car is going to open an entire different can of worms. I dont feel like getting that right now or i'll end up with some infractions or worse lol I just think the info needs to be corrected in this thread about where the motor came from and anyone wanting any more info on either of those cars can just shoot me a pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back