• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Yikes! Officially exceeded. . . .

I am probably around the 7k mark.

In that old forum post I was around 6k but it missed about $500 worth of miscellaneous bits and pieces. So add another $500 for the few mods I've done since then. (like 300/280mm brakes, aesthetics, and such)

All things considered that is some very good bang for the buck compared to what many other people spent and what performance I have.

True.

If you guys figure out what performance you have and then factor into buying a new car along with the payments and interest, it is still cheaper to keep mod'in and enjoy the car. IF Its on the road most of the time and driveable. There is a big difference between that and a garge car that never gets driven.
But mod'ing is like payments.

The Xbox 360 I bought over the summer cost more than what I paid for my car!!! The total for a good useable 360 is around $700, I paid $500 for my 95 tour GL!

I'm going to have a tough time exceeding what I paid for the car. I bought mine NEW!
+1!
However, I did have some big ticket items.
A Ford remanufactured crate transmission and OEM brand new SVT clutch assembly costs me almost $2,400 in late 2004!
And later the Bosal, the optimized Y, here and there. Easily $4,000.

I bought my SVT for $2200 in Sept of 2005 and from January 1st to April 1st (the time i built the car) i dropped about 6k into it, i've got even more in now and a ton left to go this winter. I see no problem for me to hit 15k before i'm happy.

~Josh

whew, some of you guys are making me feel better about spending the $$ on my car, lol.

Though, I don't think it will keep me from adding a MS3 to the stable next year too, lol.

If i had to do it all over again i wouldnet get a catback or the nitrous. I LOVE the nitrous, and my custom tune gave me tons of power but its still FWD and i cant use it 24/7, Still its hella fun.

Instead of catback i should have gone suspension.. WAY WAY WAY better.

If i really wanted to do it all over from the start.. i woulda left it stock, saved my money and id be that much closer to a Terminator.

Couting the stuff that was done to this car before I got ahold of it, there is close to $15000 in it so far. That's not counting the variations of stereo equipment that's gone through it in the half year I've owned it.

$3000+ in wheels and rubber between the 15s, 17s and 18s
$4000 on the stereo setup, (over $8000 over the last 5 years)
$2200 into the engine (and it's still slow)
$2500 into the bodykit, headlights, etc...
$1000 into the brakes and suspension
$1000 for door hinges that old people and high school kids find facinating
$700 for various alarms, etc...

By the time this car is finished (meaning I finally managed to save enough extra cash for a V8 kit and sort out an independant rear end) there will be close to 30K into it.

You sell the parts you pull off the car, if you get lucky, you make back what you spent, but usually not. I got lucky with this car because most of the parts I sold I got within 20% of thier "new" price, all of which goes right back into the car.

I should have just bought an early 90s Camaro as I had originally planned and stuck with that. At least I'd be driving something fast, and I would have put all the cash I saved into a house... d'oh!

This is exactly why I want to do 18's.. headers/ypipe and the better resonator.. and be done
icon10.gif

Hopefully you had fun spending that money :D

look in the classifieds!!!!

Back