• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

yet another "dumb"(?) exhaust question

reddired

Veteran CEG'er
hey gang.........
gotta a question

i have 2 precats / fctry cat /reso delete / magnaflow 10414 (4" rnd)/ 2.5" pipe behind the duratec 2.5.
i like the tone but...........
i don't like the volume and seems my backpressure(?) is struggling.
btwn shifts i get a higher pitch from the exhaust.

oh, opinion needed ---> can i cut out the cat without gutting the precats? what would be the performance and tone change.

i don't have much $ at all.
just bought a house but still want to play with car a little.

i need suggestions........

confused.gif

I know the weather is getting nicer....and well you feel like modding now....but don't make rash decisions man. Leave it alone trust me....you will thank me later.

I know the weather is getting nicer....and well you feel like modding now....but don't make rash decisions man. Leave it alone trust me....you will thank me later.

u see right through me.........:laugh:

got a bad case of cabin fever!!

dude I have my main cat removed and res removed replaced with a straight pipe and its way to raspy, don't do it!

HEADERS SOUND NICE :drool: Especially with the truebendz catback and y-pipe. A little loud though when you are accelerating but it quiets back down once you reach your cruising speed.

HEADERS SOUND NICE :drool: Especially with the truebendz catback and y-pipe. A little loud though when you are accelerating but it quiets back down once you reach your cruising speed.
X2 except I have a BAT y-pipe instead of the Trubendz y-pipe and it drones a little between 2500 and 3000 RPM but other than that its nice :drool:

Back