• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Yarr! Tis Tranny TYME!

Hydramatic

CEG'er
So yeah, my transmission took a dump on me at 152K a few days ago....there goes $2K to get it rebuilt. :sigh:

Anybody wanna send me a sandwich or something to cheer me up?lol

The trans in your truck?? I didn't think it had that many miles on it. That sucks!

It went out at 152K miles and it was towing a lot before I bought it. I finally got it back a day or two ago. $2165 was the damage. The shop did a complete overhaul of the tranny though; pretty much everything was replaced except the case itself. It drives like it's brand new(testament to the engine right there) and now chirps the tires into second:).

I need to invest in a big aux. tranny cooler and a Corvette intermediate servo....

any suggestions on a good tranny service in Houston area?

any suggestions on a good tranny service in Houston area?

My 1998 Contour Zetec ATX is showing the signs of wear as described in the maintenance section of this forum. It takes a few seconds after shifting into reverse before any movement occurs. Forward shifting is OK, but the neutral spot on the shifter is very tricky. I read the info about this transmission and I think it needs some replacement parts, and I'd like to find somebody who is familiar with this Zetec combo.
Thanks,
Wildowl
1998 Contour LX Zetec ATX bi-fuel

Back